Shadyside Recreational Trail

easyYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray Star(24)
Shadyside Memorial Park

Shadyside Recreational Trail is a 3.4 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Anderson, Indiana that features a lake and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 3.4 miles Elevation Gain: 55 feet Route Type: Loop

wheelchair friendly

stroller friendly

paved

Mon May 13 2019

It’s not my favorite. Not the cleanest park before getting to the trail, but the trail itself isn’t too bad. Especially if you just need to get a good walk in.

Sun Apr 14 2019

Quick little one mile walk. Paved and easy.

Thu Sep 20 2018

Nice relaxing walk, hiking trails are paved.

Tue May 22 2018

I walk my dog here frequently. Nice loop and scenery around water. A lot of places to stop and give my dog water at a bench or table, a few trash cans along the way for tossing his waste so I’m not carrying it the whole time. Sometimes I wish it was longer but I just loop around 2-3 times.

Fri May 18 2018

This was a nice trail. Black topped path with nice greenery surrounding path. Some areas of the water were a bit foul smelling. The area just past the cafe was along a busy road but if you wanted to shorten the trail you could bypass that part and go across the covered bridge. all in all a nice walk.

Sat Nov 19 2016

I love Shadyside! Going to college in Anderson made this a great place to go running for a workout or walk and talk with a friend. It's beautiful. My husband and I even got our engagement pictures done here.

Thu Jul 26 2018