Shades State Park Trail

Shades State Park Trail is a 1.4 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Marshall, Indiana that features a river and is rated as difficult. The trail is primarily used for hiking and camping and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Shades State Park is a great place to hit some what I would consider rugged trails for a state park. Trail 8 offers some difficult terrain with rocks to navigate through as well as a small creek to walk through. It connects with other trails nearby so you can create a route any distance you want.

Had a lovely walk in the woods with enough adventure my teens enjoy it, even in the rain.

Great views, walked trails 1 & 2 yesterday and enjoyed each. Be sure to wear shoes or boots with good grip and expect to get your socks a little wet if they aren't waterproof! Overall enjoyed my Shades experience.

In my top 5. We go at least once a month, love it.

Beautiful, mysterious, peaceful, and scenic!

Fun trails. The ravines are fun to hike!

Great park!

awesome hike!

We enjoyed the scenery on this trail. With our 8-year-old and toddler in tow, we had a great time finding our way through trails 7 and 8 while keeping our feet dry (the baby backpack was a must for the little one for sure).

Lots of elevation change, most I've seen in Indiana outside of southern Indiana.