Shades State Park Trail

Shades State Park Trail is a 1.4 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Marshall, Indiana that features a river and is rated as difficult. The trail is primarily used for hiking and camping and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Shades State Park is just off Indiana 234. There are plenty of signs to help you find the park entrance.

I enjoyed my time on this hike but had expectations for it to be a little more difficult. It is considered the most rugged hike that the park has. I only saw one family of two adults and two teenagers on my journey. Has some very nice views and lots of stairs. I wouldn't might going back.

Great trail to hike! I was amazed by the views this trail had to offer especially for being in Indiana.

there are 10 short trails to hike..it is possible to complete in a full day if you are physically fit

Had a lovely walk in the woods with enough adventure my teens enjoy it, even in the rain.

Great views, walked trails 1 & 2 yesterday and enjoyed each. Be sure to wear shoes or boots with good grip and expect to get your socks a little wet if they aren't waterproof! Overall enjoyed my Shades experience.

In my top 5. We go at least once a month, love it.

Beautiful, mysterious, peaceful, and scenic!