Schoen Creek Trail

Schoen Creek Trail is a 3.3 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Indianapolis, Indiana that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from April until September. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

This trail is primarily used for mountain biking but hiking is also allowed.

The trail isn't marked well and there are some trails that run through it and can make it confusing, however now that I've hiked it several times I have been consistently at 3.1 miles. If you are hiking, it's better to go backwards on trail, as it is very narrow and you'll be able to see the bikers coming a bit easier.

sometimes can be high in traffic with bikers and hikers. very respectful. takes about 2-3 hours to hike.

Easy trail, trailhead well-marked. Though it is a multi-use trail, not as popular for mountain bikers as other trails in the park.

My first trip doing some kind of mountain biking with my new bike. It was a very muddy trail. Lots of trees down. I have been a storm earlier and I did have affect on the trail.

Great running trail

Monday, January 16, 2017

boring

Wednesday, September 28, 2016

Great trail!

Sunday, September 11, 2016

Just a heads up $7 to get in to the park to get to the trails

Saturday, June 25, 2016

Storms this week so trees were down. They usually do a great job of getting them clear quickly. Lots of good ridges - a perfect mix of climbs and downhill.

Thursday, June 16, 2016

Probably my favorite trail at the Fort. Lots of variety in the scenery. Web is right the trail is 3.5 miles long.

Sunday, March 20, 2016

A great trail with varying elevations and a beautiful creek. Our maps recorded the full loop to be around 3.5-3.7 miles.

Saturday, April 18, 2015

An enjoyable trail. Easy to follow. Would make for a great trail run.

Monday, July 08, 2013

I love this trail, and have hiked it more than a dozen times in the past few months! It's a shared trail with bikers going one way, so I hike it backwards so I can see any bikes that might be coming. Not too many bikers, though, because there are plenty of other bike trails in this park. Lots of twists and turns which makes hiking fun! This says that it is 2.7 miles, but my GPS consistently says 3.3 miles.

Wednesday, May 29, 2013

This was a good hike for my daughter and I. It winds through wetlands and woods and was cool despite the outdoor warmth. It was mostly dry with only 1 unexpected muddy area. We saw lots of nature on the trail - 2 deer, chipmunks, birds, blue heron and squirrels. There were also a variety of fern species not found in other parts of the park. It is narrow so you have to hike single file and keep an ear out for bikers since it is a shared trail. It would be too dangerous to hike with headphones on due to the speed the bikers can get on this trail.

Tuesday, April 02, 2013

I hiked this with a friend on Mar. 22, 2013; we saw only one other hiker, which could be due to the muddy condition of the trail and signs that said closed because of mud. We went anyway and did get a little muddy. The trail winds around through woods, and might not have been such a good thing for hikers if it had been dry with mountain bikers in action. It's a narrow trail so we had to walk single file. A bonus was that we saw five deer.