Scarce O'Fat Trail

Scarce O'Fat Trail is a 4.7 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Nashville, Indiana that features a lake and is only recommended for very experienced adventurers. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, and trail running and is accessible year-round.

Moderate hike with forest views. Blazes are faded but reliable, fairly well marked for the attentive hiker. We only saw onle other group of hikers as we were finishing ( on a Wednesday afternoon.)

It's a nice 4+ mile loop - not very difficult. The second half is very pretty, you feel like you're in the heart of the forest. However, we were fighting off mosquitoes the entire time so be sure to bring your bug spray!

Really fun trail! My wife and I have hiked it twice now and love the challenge, though I find it easier than it's described here.

We had a good hike this afternoon but for the life of me when we hit that gravel road I could not find where the trail continues so we doubled back. Novice when it comes to non-state park caliber marked trails I guess. If anyone can clarify how to navigate the fire Road/logging road that everyone's talking about in the comments that would be awesome.

It is labeled as hard, and it is if you aren't used to the hills and even the size of the rocks on the fire road. We did it at night, 2 adults and 3 kids. we made it, but our imaginations really had us moving at times. About mile 3 we were just over it. Got back to the car, hot, sweaty, and ready for bed. Kids passed out within 5 minutes of leaving Bloomington. Probably a trail that is more fun in the daylight. Either way, it was nice.

*Word of advice, however, when reaching the end of the fire road, pay close attention to the trail markers and the trees. They get a bit dicey at that spot. *

Good trail.

This is not a hiking trail. This is a walking trail. Basically 4 miles of walking on a wide path in the woods and .7 miles of a narrower path and a little rock skip over a creek ( depending on where you park.). The only reason I can think this is listed as hard is due to the hill you have to walk up and the fact it's 4.7 miles.. If your looking for a nice long walk through the woods this is it, if your looking for a challenge look elsewhere.

Not hard! Moderate, but nice trail.

Trail is 4.8 miles v. The 4 posted at trailhead. My real issue is the 1 mile of fire road this trail is on. If doing the loop counterclockwise, first couple miles mostly along a ridge after initial steep ascent. Not a bad hike, other than fire road.