Scarce O'Fat Trail

Scarce O'Fat Trail is a 4.7 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Nashville, Indiana that features a lake and is only recommended for very experienced adventurers. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, and trail running and is accessible year-round.

We had a good hike this afternoon but for the life of me when we hit that gravel road I could not find where the trail continues so we doubled back. Novice when it comes to non-state park caliber marked trails I guess. If anyone can clarify how to navigate the fire Road/logging road that everyone's talking about in the comments that would be awesome.

It is labeled as hard, and it is if you aren't used to the hills and even the size of the rocks on the fire road. We did it at night, 2 adults and 3 kids. we made it, but our imaginations really had us moving at times. About mile 3 we were just over it. Got back to the car, hot, sweaty, and ready for bed. Kids passed out within 5 minutes of leaving Bloomington. Probably a trail that is more fun in the daylight. Either way, it was nice.

*Word of advice, however, when reaching the end of the fire road, pay close attention to the trail markers and the trees. They get a bit dicey at that spot. *

Good trail.

This is not a hiking trail. This is a walking trail. Basically 4 miles of walking on a wide path in the woods and .7 miles of a narrower path and a little rock skip over a creek ( depending on where you park.). The only reason I can think this is listed as hard is due to the hill you have to walk up and the fact it's 4.7 miles.. If your looking for a nice long walk through the woods this is it, if your looking for a challenge look elsewhere.

Not hard! Moderate, but nice trail.

Trail is 4.8 miles v. The 4 posted at trailhead. My real issue is the 1 mile of fire road this trail is on. If doing the loop counterclockwise, first couple miles mostly along a ridge after initial steep ascent. Not a bad hike, other than fire road.

This is a great leisurely hike with some easy short climbs and one short steep climb depending on how you start. It does have a section of road but it is not horrible. Lots of nice BC type scenery including by the creek bed. I hike this trail quite a bit and rarely come across other hikers and that is usually on holiday weekends and such.

Good workout. Enjoyed the hike through the forest sections, didn't care for the logging road section of the trail.