Scarce O'Fat Trail

Scarce O'Fat Trail is a 4.7 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Nashville, Indiana that features a lake and is only recommended for very experienced adventurers. The trail is primarily used for hiking and walking and is accessible year-round.

This is a great leisurely hike with some easy short climbs and one short steep climb depending on how you start. It does have a section of road but it is not horrible. Lots of nice BC type scenery including by the creek bed. I hike this trail quite a bit and rarely come across other hikers and that is usually on holiday weekends and such.

Good workout. Enjoyed the hike through the forest sections, didn't care for the logging road section of the trail.

Beautiful area. I did this hike at sunrise and it was peaceful and serene. Not much for scenery but forest. good workout overall.

Nice trail. Some nice hills and sections, not a whole lot to see but nice over all. The logging / service road wasn't too bad as it hadn't rained in a while. Worthwhile doing.

awesome trail

The trail itself was fine, but unfortunately we were walking on the trail and our dogs were close by and one of our pups was bit by a rattlesnake (we think it was a copperhead snake, about 4 feet long) We took her to the vet immediately and she is still there being treated currently. I would suggest not to bring dogs on this walk for safely reasons.

Nicely maintained trail. Not much to see here. Hiking near the creek was about as exciting as it got.

Took High King to Scarce o Fat down through part of the lake loop. I enjoyed Yellow Wood, and want to go back for more exploring. It's a much less crowded Brown County adventure than the main park.

Great trail, but the logging road was so muddy that it really made the hike less pleasant. Also, next time we'd start from the High King Hill trail because I'd much rather climb up that steep hill rather than down it.

Great trail. Will be even better when they get the back section off the fire road. The walk through Caldwell Hollow is as good as any woods trail I have ever been on.

Great trail.

I really enjoyed this trail except for the stretch of gravel road. We went counter clockwise as recommended. I went by my Garmin gps and it said the hike was 6 miles. We stayed on the trail and had no problem finding it. Will do it again this fall. If not for the gravel road I would have given this a five star.

We started on the High King trail which was right away a steep ascent up, but has a cool view of the lake this time of year. We then hit the Scarce 'O Fat trail and did a total of about 6 miles. A lot of up and down, makes for a good work out. Very peaceful and secluded. Very well marked compared to many trails in the general area.