Scales Mountian Bike Trail

Scales Mountian Bike Trail is a 7.5 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Boonville, Indiana that features a lake. The trail is rated as difficult and primarily used for hiking, horses, and mountain biking. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

http://scaleslakepark.com/index.html 812-897-6200 800 W Tennyson Rd, Boonville, IN 47601

As a newbie to the sport I loved it! Much more technical than New Harmony. I did the loop in both direction. I can't lie it kicked my behind. I will definitely be back to try and improve!

Best single track in the area. Very well maintained trails.

Awesome!

Monday, December 22, 2014

This was a good trail before 2014. Storms damaged a lot of the trees. Even months after, parts of the trail were not open. If the parks dept people restore this trail, it would be a 4 star rating as it has great ups and downs, narrow in areas, technical skills needed.

Sunday, March 30, 2014

Sunday, August 11, 2013

Saturday, July 13, 2013

My parents live in Boonville and I've ran this loop for years when visiting from Colorado. I was very impressed to see that the trail was developed for mountain biking. The land was once a strip mine, so the terrain is strange and perfect mountain biking.

Tuesday, October 11, 2011