Red Trail

Red Trail is a 5 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Indianapolis, Indiana that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

wheelchair friendly

paddle sports

beach

7840 W 56th St Indianapolis, IN 46254

I live near here so an annual pass is a must! This is a beautiful park 15 minutes from Downtown Indy, though you’d never know you were so close because of the setting! I run this trail often, it’s about 6.5 miles if you complete the loop. You have some slight elevation, run beside a lake, lots of variation. I’d rate it as a very enjoyable somewhat moderate trail. If you’re experienced more of an easy rating. It’s definitely worth your time to visit Eagle Creek Park and the Red Trail is my favorite of all!

Great hiking close to Indy. Nothing rugged, flat trail, nice scenery.

Beautiful in the fall.

This is such a great trail. You can connect into other trails or just follow this one. This is actually about 6.5 miles.

A quiet trail that makes you forget you're right in the city. I like to run this trail. Closer to 6 miles. Almost 7 of you add on the loop by the 71st Street entrance.

A great trail that takes makes you forget you are still in the city. Eagle Creek is a great park to enjoy.

Wednesday, May 17, 2017

nice

Friday, May 12, 2017

Good trail running

Sunday, April 23, 2017

nice trail. mostly easy, some moderate. I got a bit over 6.5 miles on my app though.

Saturday, April 15, 2017

Nice trail. I love that I goes around the bird sanctuary. I saw several kinds of birds that I had not seen before.

Tuesday, April 04, 2017

A well marked wooded trail in a fantastic city park. Lots of hiking trails at Eagle Creek. If you are visiting the area, be sure and sign up to complete the ropes course that you will pass through on this hike or stop by the nature center and sit out on the deck over looking the lake.

Tuesday, March 21, 2017

Love this trail. I use it as a workout/training trail. I hike this trail at least 4 days a week and it never ceases to amaze me.

Sunday, March 19, 2017

Saturday, March 04, 2017

My favorite trail in the city.

Monday, February 20, 2017

Took our dog on this trail. Very muddy and the maps aren't extremely clear. Easy to navigate none the less.

recorded Track - Mar 18, 03:02 PM