Rangeline Nature Preserve

Rangeline Nature Preserve is a 4.6 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Anderson, Indiana that features a lake and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Free parking. No bathroom. For the first and probably last .5/mile you are hiking close to road so you hear a lot of traffic. Very swampy, so put on bug spray. It's not a really scenic hike but it is challenging. I was hiking with my dog so stayed on the intermediate trails when they split. The whole hike was VERY well marked and nearly impossible to lose your way. Taking the intermediate trails, the hike is just under 3 miles.

Wasn't expecting much, but it was a cool trail. We were training for our Out West hike coming up and the constant up and down was good for that. Only thing is you have to be wary of mountain bikers. I think we hikers annoy them.

I used to hike here a lot. Lots of shade in most areas and many different obstacles. Lots of fun, and free.

Follow the expert trail markers for a good workout. Mosquitos were pretty bad due to all the rain, but a good bug spray will take care of it. Didn't see a single hiker or biker.

Great trail, I rode the beginner trail 3 times. I think this trail has a great view.

I live at the northern edge of the preserve. I walk my dogs often in the woods, and sometimes have problems with bikers coming around curves on the trails and not seeing us. Dogs and fast moving bikes don't mix well! I am looking into maybe setting up some trails just for hiking and walking dogs. I guess the first stop should be city hall to find out what it's going to take to make it happen. Any thoughts on this??

plan to be there all day. it will work on you body if your losing weight

It is a lot bigger than you would think just by looking at the parking lot. Great little walk through, and for bird watching in the spring out by the north meadow. Great bike trails but use with extreme caution.

This was our first hike of 2017 and in February no less. We did the expert trail and enjoyed it alot. Met a few bikers who were courteous and let us know they were behind us and a jogger that didn't and scared the bejesus out of us. Bikers thank you. We have hiked several places in Southern Indiana, Kentucky and Tennessee and this trail is a comparable workout. We are glad we took the time to do it.