Rangeline Nature Preserve

Rangeline Nature Preserve is a 4.6 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Anderson, Indiana that features a lake and is rated as difficult. The trail is primarily used for hiking and mountain biking and is accessible year-round.

I used to hike here a lot. Lots of shade in most areas and many different obstacles. Lots of fun, and free.

Follow the expert trail markers for a good workout. Mosquitos were pretty bad due to all the rain, but a good bug spray will take care of it. Didn't see a single hiker or biker.

Great trail, I rode the beginner trail 3 times. I think this trail has a great view.

I live at the northern edge of the preserve. I walk my dogs often in the woods, and sometimes have problems with bikers coming around curves on the trails and not seeing us. Dogs and fast moving bikes don't mix well! I am looking into maybe setting up some trails just for hiking and walking dogs. I guess the first stop should be city hall to find out what it's going to take to make it happen. Any thoughts on this??

plan to be there all day. it will work on you body if your losing weight

It is a lot bigger than you would think just by looking at the parking lot. Great little walk through, and for bird watching in the spring out by the north meadow. Great bike trails but use with extreme caution.

This was our first hike of 2017 and in February no less. We did the expert trail and enjoyed it alot. Met a few bikers who were courteous and let us know they were behind us and a jogger that didn't and scared the bejesus out of us. Bikers thank you. We have hiked several places in Southern Indiana, Kentucky and Tennessee and this trail is a comparable workout. We are glad we took the time to do it.

RNP has 3 loops; Novice, Intermediate, and Expert. Novice is smooth, fast, and flowing. Intermediate is narrow with a few natural obstacles. Expert is tighter, slower, and loaded with obtacles such as suspension bridge, elevated trail, gap jump, teeter totter, etc. All trails are single track and one direction (counterclockwise like a racetrack).
Novice = 2miles
Intermediate = 3.2miles
Expert = 6.4miles
Complete info here:

Great place to hike. Lots of up and down and cute bridges for bikers that are kind of fun. Bring a walking stick lots of steep down hills.

Fairly rugged hike. Very nice wooded trail with many ups and downs. Two deer had their naps interrupted.

It's more for bikes. A lot of up and down hills. Perfect to bike but pretty hard and kind of dangerous on foot. We almost got run over by a bike one time. We were the only hikers. GREAT WORKOUT that's for sure!!!

Very neat trial. Makes me want to get a mountain bike.