Oriole Trail

Oriole Trail is a 16.2 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Branchville, Indiana that features a lake and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs and horses are also able to use this trail.

Sunday, July 17, 2016

Awful! We did the East loop and it is not really a "hiking trail". After walking several miles up a gravel path, we went into the woods onto a path that's not clearly marked throughout. Tons of ticks, not cleared for walking. I would not recommend this trail. It isn't even pretty.

Sunday, February 28, 2016

Nice trail. I would rate it relatively easy. The trail crossed a few small creeks, a couple of ponds and an interesting grave site.

Friday, May 01, 2015

Oriole West is a great trail, East is currently being logged. This is a lolipop trail so be prepared to hike 2 miles in and out to get to the 7 mile West loop unless you take the access road. This trail did have a large quantity of spiders, Ive hiked a lot of Hoosier and never had this many trail webs.
Overall I liked the scenery and the little surprises you could find just off trail here and there.

Tuesday, April 21, 2015

There were three horse trailers at the trailhead when we were there, and the East trail was pretty muddy and chewed up. We tried the West trail (the one that crosses route 66) and turned around when it became obvious it was basically just a logging road. Disappointing.

Friday, December 19, 2014

Wednesday, August 14, 2013

There's 2 trails in oriole I did the west oriole trail which is around 7 miles. It was a well maintained trail and just a nice day hike nothing spectacular but I still enjoyed it. I plan to do the east oriole trail soon.