Ogle Lake Trail 7

Ogle Lake Trail 7 is a 1.2 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Nashville, Indiana that features a lake and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until November. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Trail 7 ogle lake is a 0.8 mile trail located near Nashville, Indiana. The trail is primarily used for hiking.

Hiked this trail today with my 3 yr old grandson. We had a great time. Passed by a beaver dam along the way.

bridge out

As of at least 03/02/19, there was a sign posted at the trailhead stating that there was a bridge out and the trail was not currently a complete loop. There is a tree that has taken out part of a bridge on the east end of the lake, but it is still passable. Other sections were quite muddy, but I managed to get through without getting my feet too wet.

Nice quick and very peaceful winter hike. Not too muddy even after all the snow and rain. My dog didn't like all the stairs, though.

One of my friends favorite trail. We went late fall. It was nice to see water in the streams and in areas we have not seen all year.

Nice late fall hike with the wife and 2 dogs. The pretty leaves are long gone, but still good things to look at with the lake and terrain. Enjoyable hike.

My wife and I hiked Trail 7 around Ogle lake today about 1 week past prime fall colors, but the Beech and Maple trees were still beautiful. The trail felt a little shorter than the claimed 1.5 miles, but we didn't track it to be certain. Quite easy trail with little to no elevation to speak of. Although trail maps show the trail going away from the lake a bit on the North side, it appears the trail does stay near waters edge the entire loop. Heavily trafficked especially during prime times in the park. Nice views of the lake on all sides.

We enjoyed it.

Great hike with kids!

Nice easy trail

Challenging enough to be interesting without being too long or exhausting on a hot day in July. Saw lots of turtles and one adult northern water snake

Monday, April 30, 2018

Easy hike, particularly nice on a fall day. Can get busy.

Monday, April 09, 2018

Nice little trail around the lake. Well traveled so markers aren’t really needed. Muddy this time of year since we’ve had a lot of rain.

Sunday, January 28, 2018

What a beautiful day.

Monday, September 04, 2017

Pretty hike but very crowded

Saturday, August 26, 2017

Enjoyed our hike, with a nice breeze on a hot, humid day.

Monday, June 26, 2017

Easy trail, with some slight ups and downs. Heavily trafficked in June. We took this trail in combination with trails 4, 5, and 8, to make for a good 3-hour walk.

Sunday, June 11, 2017

Very short, pretty hike. If you are looking for something more difficult I recommend taking trail 4, 5, and 8 as well.

Sunday, March 05, 2017

Ok, leisurely walk around a small lake.

Monday, November 07, 2016

This was a nice little hike on a beautiful fall day. Some stairs. This is also a very busy trail. There are some boards along the bridges that need to be replaced.

Thursday, September 01, 2016

While a lot of the board walks are in bad shape (many are broken or have been flooded to make them tilted) this is such a beautiful hike it deserves 5 stars. Tacked this on to my trail 8 hike, so it didn't bother me that it is pretty short.

Monday, May 30, 2016

I also added this to trail 8... It makes for a great hike with lots of gorgeous views... Loved it...

Monday, October 05, 2015

Added this loop to Hike 8. Short and quick loop around the lake with many spots to stop and sit with a view.

Thursday, September 17, 2015

very pretty. it has roots and stairs quick is why it's rated moderate. it's popular with a lot of people fishing and picnicking. great for beginners.

Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Beautiful fall trail but it is very short.. Connect with 4 and 5 to work your way up through the hills and into the nature preserve. You can eventually loop back and return on the other side of the lake.