Mount Saint Francis Loop Trail is a 2.8 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Galena, Indiana that features a lake and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Nice hike. I dont leave but 20 mins away and decided to give this one a try with my mother based on the reviews and the lake, as I love water hikes. I was pleasantly surprised by the amount of trails and the decent views.

Nice trails, there's enough to explore for a good hike or a light one. The lake is peaceful, it's convenient.

Too confusing.

good trail for a quick hike.

I liked this trail but in contrast this trail had some problems. One problem we had was that we could not find the trail even using this map. Neither of us could find it. Anyway, we thought it was easy. We did not get to the bridge crossings. Thank you for recommending this trail.

very good location from my place, good combination of hikes on the trail you can spend more time ,there doing multiple trails.

Beautiful

Nice and easy trails. Was a beautiful hike. Will definitely be coming back.

Great trail!

nice walking paths!

Nice, lots of flowers and an easy walk, though the Sunday school lesson along the trail were a little weird for me. It is at church though so I guess that’s to be expected?

I believe this description and the map are deceptive--there are actually 12 different trails here, of different lengths. You can do all or some of them. Each major trail intersection has a map showing you where you are. I did parts of trails 8, 11, 10, 6, 5 and 3. I'd rate these trails as easy, not moderate. There are several bridges, raised walkways, and many benches, giving opportunities for rest and reflection. It's a lovely place to hike. Some spring wildflowers were blooming and others were about to bloom. Just a little mud today.

Great little 3 mike hike through the woods with several small stream crossings. Very well marked trails!

One of my favorite places to run.

Love these trails

Sunday, October 15, 2017

Wonderful trail, marked nicely

Sunday, October 01, 2017

Really nice loop with lots of variety of terrain and scenery!

Thursday, September 28, 2017

very impressive trail system for a Catholic retreat. I couldn't find a map online but there are a couple of trailheads close to where we parked. we went down to the lake first and picked up a trail there. mostly well marked but a couple of times we came to a fork and there was no marker. easy enough to backtrack. loved it!

Friday, August 11, 2017

The trails here were a lot better than I was expecting. They were maintained, marked well, and had beautiful green scenery. There a miles of trails to explore and a beautiful lake right in the center. The day I went, I didn't pass a single person on the trails which resulted in a very quiet and pleasant hike. My dog an I will be returning soon!

Monday, May 29, 2017

Not bad.

Wednesday, April 19, 2017

Nice place to stroll. Ticks were bad, but the geocaches were good.

Saturday, March 04, 2017

great nice needs some more sign posts .I would be happy to assist love this place

Tuesday, January 10, 2017

close, clean, peaceful and quiet. a perfect place for a refreshing hike.

Wednesday, December 28, 2016

very nice trails, well maintained, can't wait to go back
great places to take pictures

Tuesday, December 27, 2016

Interesting place! Definitely easy on eyes. Many beautiful things to see! Did all but one trail, fairly easy, lake was beautiful and 60° in December is a plus. Will come back soon now that I have a sense of how all of the trails connect.

Saturday, November 26, 2016

There are 12 trails in Mount Saint Francis that can be combined many ways for a variety of different hikes. The place is clean and lightly trafficked during the week. There are several valleys, ridges, and streams, as well as a small lake.