Rock Shelter via Low Gap Trail is a 3.1 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Unionville, Indiana that features a great forest setting and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Easy beautiful hike ... well worth the walk to see the cool rock shelter as the entire walk is nice. The trail also passes a small pond in an unexpected place. Parts of the trail include a gravel road but even it was lovely winding through the trees.

The trail is not super well marked. When in doubt on which way to go, look for white paint blob on the trees. If it has rained prior to your walk, wear appropriate shoes as the trail gets muddy.

My phone clocked the trail around 2.7 miles total.

Nice little hike that is used enough to be easily followed. Recommend pants as both sides of the path have a significant amount of poison ivy. The hike took about an hour with a short stop at the rock shelter.

Nice scenic trail, rock shelter definitely looks better in person , the trail is not too hard , my father and I did it in just over 2 hours taking our time and stopping anytime we wanted to see anything . like most I would recommend going clockwise. All in all a nice fun trail, definitely worth it .

Wednesday, November 29, 2017

Nice easy hike that took my girlfriend and I about an hour. We went out on a warm day in late November and conditions were dry. There are a few hills but definitely nothing too extreme and we had the trail to ourselves.

Friday, November 10, 2017

Great trail to take a the boys on a Webelos hike.

Thursday, July 27, 2017

Nice, moderately difficult trail with some hills. Several downed trees to go around and very buggy this time of year. Nice scenery, bet it will be beautiful in the Fall!

Friday, July 07, 2017

Nice trail.

Saturday, June 03, 2017

I really enjoyed this trail, I thought it had a bit of everything. Not to hard so kids and older people can do it as well. Beautiful scenery mainly the whole hike.

Tuesday, May 02, 2017

Plenty of wildflowers once into Sweedy Hollow Nature Preserve.

Sunday, October 23, 2016