Leonard Springs Nature Park Loop

Leonard Springs Nature Park Loop is a 1.1 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Van Buren, Indiana that features a river and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, trail running, and nature trips and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

cave

From downtown Bloomington, travel west on Second Street. Second Street will become Bloomfield Road. Just after you pass over SR 37 and by Wal-Mart, turn left (south) onto Leonard Springs Road. Leonard Springs Road will curve to the right and become Leonard Springs Road West. About a half mile after the curve, turn left (south) onto Leonard Springs Road South. Approximately one-quarter of a mile down, turn left (east) into the parks parking lot.

This trail is literally five minutes from the home I grew up in and it took 25 years for me to find it! Absolutely gorgeous. It’s fun to see the diversity, going from fairytale waterfalls to swampland to thick forests and bamboo. Great trail to explore! I’d recommend bringing shoes that you are okay with getting wet. :)

Beautiful little well kept trail. Worth to see if you're in the area

Fantastic little 1 mile hike with gorgeous surroundings, cool breeze, lush foliage!
Perfect for kids, beginners & a quick workout.
Cool streams to splash in & explore!
Loved it!

Surprised that another review said this trail was well-marked a month ago because it certainly wasn't when I went yesterday. I had to stop to check a map more than once and I even had to turn around when the path I was following suddenly ended. There were also a lot of bugs even with bug spray. And my 30 lbs dog was too scared to do the metal stairs and had to be carried. The waterfall was enjoyable though. I would go back but only for the waterfall (not the trail) and only without my dog.

Nice easy trail with beautiful waterfall, cave, and wetlands. Took the kids and the dogs. The blue heeled had hard time w metal staircase boxer had a little trouble but walked it all the way down. I would definitely come again.

I liked the well marked pathway. I never felt like I could lose the way. This easy trail is beautiful and well maintained. Go see some caves and a wetlands area! Be careful on slippery rocks around the waterfalls.

Like the 2 little caves, waterfall, and pond. Wish they had a modern flushable bathroom though and drinking fountain. A small outdoor physical challenge equipment by the restrooms would be a cool feature.

Great short hike for a very cold New Year’s Day. The stream was frozen over so it was great for exploring off the trail a bit.

Beautiful easy trail

Decent trail, expected more. Thr waterfall is either at the beginning or end depending on which way you start the trail.

Sunday, July 23, 2017