Lawrence Creek Trail

Lawrence Creek Trail is a 4.5 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Indianapolis, Indiana that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from April until September. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Lawrence Creek Trail at Fort Harrison State Park Indiana is located near Indianapolis, Indiana. The trail is good for all skill levels and primarily used for hiking. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

This is a well groomed trail, very clean and easy to follow. The scenery of the woods is very nice on this mild Oct morning. Gentle and sharp turns, foot bridges, dips and bumps add to the fun.

Decent hike for so close to town. Pretty easy to follow and not real highly trafficked. Mountain bikers on the trail at times that aren't always on the look out

Tried this trail again, this time I upgraded the AllTrails app and use the downloaded map to keep me on the right path. For some reason the AllTrails app never gets my mileage right. My GPS tracker app put me at 4 miles following the outside loop. I really wish this state park would go in and mark the trails, it's such a great place to hike.

As a few other reviewers have mentioned, this trail can be insanely confusing. There are no markers to help keep you on the trail and several other paths. Apparently I've taken the wrong path one too many times, because after 4.5 miles and sunset quickly approaching, I finally gave up and when I spotted the road I cut across and just took the road back to my car. I feel like this would be a great trail option for hikers, but without knowing which way to turn at splits it is very frustrating.
Side note, the mountain bikers love this trail and you have to watch/listen for them since it's very narrow. Thankfully they are always polite when they come up behind you.

great hike. sometimes high traffic with hikers and bikers but everyone's respectful. takes about 2-3 hours.