Lawrence Creek Trail

Lawrence Creek Trail is a 4.5 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Indianapolis, Indiana that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from April until September. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Lawrence Creek Trail at Fort Harrison State Park Indiana is located near Indianapolis, Indiana. The trail is good for all skill levels and primarily used for hiking. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Loved it!

Great Hike. Good for dogs. Only thing is to watch out for bikers. I met some speedy bikers along skinnier parts of the trail and they’re traveling pretty fast so just be careful. Also, many bikers don’t yield to you like they’re supposed to. Lastly, it’s not a really well marked trail. There are multiple splits that don’t tell you which way to go, so be wary of that.

Relaxing and surprisingly dry.

Nice little trail. Very windy with moderate elevation changes. Hikers do not believe the title at the park, it is NOT difficult. What makes it difficult is that this is shared with bikers and very few follow the one way/yielding rules. All traffic is to go one way and bikers yield to runners and hikers but they dont. Like always, people are what is wrong with the trail. Would be a good workout for a biker with few obstacles but frequent and sudden elevation changes.

This is a narrow benchcut singletrack built and maintained by Hoosier Mountain Bike association. It is of 3 serious mountain bike courses in Indianapolis (besides Town Run and Southwestway). Keep this in mind as there are MANY places exclusive to foot traffic in Indianapolis. It's not that it's popular with Mountain Bikers it's one of the few places they are allowed ... and they are required to buy an additional $20 annual pass for the privelege.

There is also hiking only off-road trails in the northeast section of the park along fall creek. The trails there are wider and it's easier to negotiate passes.

Coming from California so my rating is probably reflective of that. Enjoyed the walk (don’t consider it hiking really) and it was relatively pretty. Too easy, didn’t find it that strenuous (I️’m kind of in-shape but don’t think this would be tough for any average person). My main complaint is, as others have said, regarding the narrow path- there are a lot of mountain bikers. Everyone is polite but it can be tough to get to the side in certain places. Not enough to view and not enough inclines for me. Also could be longer. Enjoyable though!

Good trail to get a good cardio workout.

This is a well groomed trail, very clean and easy to follow. The scenery of the woods is very nice on this mild Oct morning. Gentle and sharp turns, foot bridges, dips and bumps add to the fun.

Decent hike for so close to town. Pretty easy to follow and not real highly trafficked. Mountain bikers on the trail at times that aren't always on the look out

Tried this trail again, this time I upgraded the AllTrails app and use the downloaded map to keep me on the right path. For some reason the AllTrails app never gets my mileage right. My GPS tracker app put me at 4 miles following the outside loop. I really wish this state park would go in and mark the trails, it's such a great place to hike.

As a few other reviewers have mentioned, this trail can be insanely confusing. There are no markers to help keep you on the trail and several other paths. Apparently I've taken the wrong path one too many times, because after 4.5 miles and sunset quickly approaching, I finally gave up and when I spotted the road I cut across and just took the road back to my car. I feel like this would be a great trail option for hikers, but without knowing which way to turn at splits it is very frustrating.
Side note, the mountain bikers love this trail and you have to watch/listen for them since it's very narrow. Thankfully they are always polite when they come up behind you.

great hike. sometimes high traffic with hikers and bikers but everyone's respectful. takes about 2-3 hours.

First time hike. Thought it was easier than rated. Only saw one deer the entire hike. A nice experience being in a metro area.

One of the best trails in the park, good distance (3.7 according to park map) and nice rolling terrain. Very popular with mountain bikers so stay alert!

I'm not sure where I went wrong, because this 3.5 mile loop ended up taking me 2 hours and was 6 miles. Very windy, lots of beauty. The mountain bikers were insanely polite!

Saturday, March 04, 2017

It's more like a 4 mile trail. Lots of twists and turns. Watch out for the mountain bikers.

Monday, September 19, 2016

Trail is quite windy which is good but there is a section that isn't marked well and I'm pretty sure I crossed over into another trail.

Monday, September 12, 2016

Loved hiking along the creeks and ravines . I would have liked this trail better if it wasn't for the Mountain Bikers. They were all very courteous and respectful , but just had me looking over my shoulder to see if they were coming . It was a 4 mile hike

Sunday, September 11, 2016

Just a heads up $7 per car to get in to the park

Sunday, July 10, 2016

Nice trail

Sunday, July 10, 2016

favorite trail at the fort. just keep a heads up for bikers. but the terrain is great and actually gives the feeling that you might not be just outside of a big city. my dog loved it.

Thursday, June 16, 2016

This is a great trail. I love all four trails at the Fort. I run out here all the time. Just an FYI the trail is actually 4 miles long.

Monday, May 02, 2016

Nice trail. As others said there are bikers and runners. Its a moderate trail with many muddy areas so be prepared.

Wednesday, October 14, 2015

Great trail to walk. Some bikers so, you have stop and let them pass. This trail was not easy trail for us even though we are experience hiker. I will rate as moderate trail.

Sunday, August 16, 2015

I love hiking this trail. It's true, there are a lot of bikers to step aside for, but it doesn't bother me too much. It's a beautifully wooded hiking trail.

Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Pretty good trail. There are a lot of biker so just keep an eye and an ear out for them. Its really beautiful in the spring and summer when the wildflowers are out. The fall is gorgeous too because its a wooded trail. I usually see one or two deer and have seen a lot of fawns which is always cool. The animals are not skittish and Ft Ben Harrison.

Thursday, May 28, 2015

Good for 7 to 10 Year olds with me.

Monday, May 25, 2015

This trail seems to be primarily a mountain biking trail. It is a nice hike with many large trees. Since it is a bike path there are many turns and it winds around a lot of bends. I recommend the Fall Creek trail in Fort Harrison State Park for hiking over this trail.

Saturday, May 23, 2015

Usual go to place because near by. Excellent for dog walking as the creek is readily accessible in several areas.

Saturday, April 18, 2015

Another quality trail in the Indianapolis Area. Bikers, runners and hikers seemed to sharing the trail and enjoying an incredible spring day.