Kokiwanee Nature Preserve Trail

Kokiwanee Nature Preserve Trail is a 1.6 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Lagro, Indiana that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, and trail running and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

This loop in Kokiwanee Nature Preserve is a pleasant escape. With multiple trails to make your adventure as long or short as you choose. The highlight of your adventure is a stop at Kissing Falls in the southeast corner of the preserve.

Absolutely one of my favorite local hikes! Many trails to choose from featuring a pond, a river, and a few small waterfalls! Kokiwanee has it all!

Average trail. But the waterfall was cool.

This is one of the nicest spots along this stretch of the Wabash River valley.

Nice hike back to the river and to see some small waterfalls. Start at the trailhead and go west, trail gets more interesting as you go. Couple short climbs and foot work make you breathe a little harder.

my favorite place to hike, it can be easy if you want, or vigorous if you like climbing, the kids love to play in the waterfalls. very peaceful

Awesome, variety of trails. Not super well marked, but all the ones we were on seemed to link back up with the waterfall.

Loved the solitude & the peace there! Not paved, but natural trails!

Sunday, January 15, 2017

Is a great place to visit with my family. The big shelter along the river will allow for summer picnics. We will definitely be back.

Tuesday, January 03, 2017

The Kokiwanee Trails are mostly easy but worth the visit. There are waterfalls, a lake and a river. I always see eagles along the river. Kokiwanee is great for dogs too. I suggest taking the time if you are looking for a peaceful experience.

Wednesday, November 02, 2016

Loved it! I enjoyed seeing the outbuildings of sorts though dilapidated. Also nice overlooking the Salamonie River. think I would love to come back even with a little bit of snow on the ground it would be beautiful.

Wednesday, October 19, 2016

Wonderful scenery! Very well maintained and open trails.

Sunday, October 16, 2016

Complete this scenic hike in an afternoon. We backpacked into the campsite along Bloodroot Trail, and the next morning drove to the Kokiwannee trail head. A lot to explore despite only being a few hundred acres. Trail as marked on AllTrails is incomplete. Go to the ACRES Landtrust website to get an accurate map. I would like to try it again at the height of spring wildflowers.

Saturday, April 16, 2016

Lots of cool trails here. Most trails are fairly easy. I like the trails following the river the best. Lots of small waterfalls and cliffs.

Friday, April 15, 2016

I love it here! Great rugged trails, far more then what's listed on this map! What beautiful views! If your looking for a nice walk in the woods this is a great place to start!

Monday, March 28, 2016

This trail map shown here is NOT accurate. There are many trails that are not shown and a total of around 5 miles. Not 1.4 m. Someone with Pro access needs to up-date this map. We recommend everyone to hike this trail system, it is a nice moderate hike and beautiful, rugged along the river. We loved it !

Sunday, February 28, 2016

Super easy route. Nice trail. Would be good for cross country skiing

Monday, September 14, 2015

I have been hiking and camping across the river from this preserve at the Salamonie River State Forest for years and never knew this place existed. Very nice and quiet hike with good views of the rivers and several small waterfalls. There are many intersecting trails which got confusing, and resulted in some wrong turns but I will definitely come back when I have more time to spend.

Monday, August 17, 2015

Nice park with lots of trails. Some of the trails have fallen trees in the pathway. Lots of scenery to see including waterfalls and ponds. Still lots of bugs and easy to get lots with all the splitting trails. Would do it again.

Friday, July 03, 2015

Me and my wife had a photographer follow us down to these trails for our engagement pictures. There are at least three nice waterfalls on this trail. If you go to the boat ramp here is a big waterfall on your left if you venture up the trail.

Monday, June 29, 2015

Flooding & heavy storm damage has made the trails even more fun. Our dogs loved that the one bridge was out and we had to cross the stream below.

The waterfall (Kissing Falls) is gorgeous right now.

Nice side trip for this & Tel Hy/Pehkokia in Huntington since Bloodroot Trail was closed due to flooding.