I loved this trail, it was pretty well maintained with just a couple trees down. There wasn’t much in the way of scenic outlooks due to the thick canopies. I camped the first day close to the lake and spent the next day hiking the trail and then returning the same day, which was much tougher than I had imagined it would be. This trail promises a hardcore leg workout, which gave me a great sense of accomplishment after I’d given my calves a much needed rest.
Besides a few people loading boats into the lake, I never saw another person for my two days there, which I certainly didn’t mind. Another thing about this trail was that I didn’t notice many areas where someone could setup a camp due to the constant inclines and declines of the hills. I ended up using permethrin and only had two bites while I was there, although I did find three ticks on my shoes as well. The little flies were driving me crazy as they dive-bombed my ears and eyes, but this is pretty much the case on any trail this time of year.