Hiking Trail 10

Hiking Trail 10 is a 2.2 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Columbus, Indiana that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until November.

scenic driving

Follows ridge behind fire tower before looping northward crossing deep ravines and hilltops.

It was pretty dry, but I can see that if it was muddy it would be almost impossible.

Great trail!

Fairly difficult hike but worth it.

Nice hike. No one around today.

It really makes no difference if you take this trail clockwise or counterclockwise! This trail can get pretty muddy after a good rain.

*NOTE* This trail is not ideal for older adults or individuals with mobility issues. If you're planning a trip with someone who needs these sorts of considerations, I recommend the Discovery Trail behind the Nature Center, the paved Friends Trail next to the fire tower, or possibly Trail 6 around Strahl Lake if they're up for a little bit more of a challenge!

A favorite trail from my years in Indiana. The last time I visited was right before I moved to Colorado, and my mom and I trekked out and back instead of around the loop. I hiked with my dog and a fully loaded pack, and I would still/also rate this hike as moderate, though the final hills on the way back do feel steep if you've been hoofing it the whole time.

Hiked it in the rain so it was pretty muddy and slick, but the fog/mist gave it a mystical quality. Not much in the way of panoramic views but the surrounding countryside was pretty. The hike is rated as "Hard", but I am not even an avid hiker and I would probably list it as Moderate (a few inclines to get the heart pumping but nothing seriously challenging). Definitely recommend hiking boots - especially if the ground is wet.

Nice little hike half of it is down hill and half up hill watch out for the rattle snakes.