Hemlock Cliffs National Scenic Trail

Hemlock Cliffs National Scenic Trail is a 1.2 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near English, Indiana that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking and camping and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

This short loop drops into a slot canyon surrounded by large stands of hemlock and oak forests. Half way through you walk under a massive rock house and on your way back out pass by a nice waterfall.

19 minutes ago

This is a beautiful trail and an easy hike. Enjoyed the waterfalls.

50 degree day in January made for a crowd. But this is a beautiful trail and my 4 year old did great!

Easy trail with a couple god climbs and amazing scenery.

Amazing gem that changes with the seasons and weather. I had children from 6-13 and no issues navigating but we do a lot of hiking. A family favorite!

I have done this hike several times and I think the best time does this hike is in the winter when there are the frozen waterfalls. Either way the hike is scenic but way too short.

The falls are almost dried up at this time, down to a few trickles, still about my favorite trail, love the canyon and all the cliff views!

it was amaze-balls.

definitely one of the best places I've been in indiana!! It's been very dry for months now and there was no water anywhere when I was there.
However that allowed me to get to a lot of places that may not have been easily accessed had it been flowing.

not a hard hike at all, a lot of elevation change but nothing too crazy but you definitely need to be able bodied to do the whole loop.

Short scenic hike along a creek that has carved out very cool rock formations and caves. Well maintained trail.

Love this trail. Best to go a couple of days after a good rain so the waterfalls are at their peak. Easy hike and great scenery though the entire hike.

Great place for young kids that like to explore. Multiple waterfalls. Most of the trail is shaded too. With little ones (and even big ones) you'll want to remember to bring extra clothes for the car ride home as they will probably get a little wet and muddy.

This trail has beautiful scenery and is a great hike. The trail is marked well but there are trees across in a couple of places however they are easy to get over or around. There are two loops off the trail also. One of them above the waterfall that circles back to the parking area, the other circles up to the cave and bluff. It takes less than two hours to hike the trail and both loops.

Went on a spring hike, no ticks except when we left the gorge and went to the powerlines. I recommend staying in the valley

Gorgeous terrain! Only 1.2 mile loop, but PLEASE slow down and consume the sights. Beautiful waterfall! The trail is well used and marked, but there is a T that could cause confusion. We went CCW on the loop, so when we hit this T we went right (love this app) and we quickly realized we were on the correct trail. Later we realized that had we gone left it only did a short loop back to the T. Climbing up from the bottoms (next to the falls)and out could be a little tricky for some folks. Just be aware! Otherwise, nice easy hike we thought.

slightly muddy but beautiful!!

Awesome rock outcroppings. A must see Indiana treasure.

Perfect trail to take our energetic dog on! Very beautiful and well kept

Monday, February 20, 2017

Beautiful -short hike! love to see them cut more trails through the area it's such a beautiful area.

Sunday, February 19, 2017

Beautiful interactive trail! Loved climbing up into the rocks and walking along the creek.

Saturday, February 11, 2017

Awsome a good no hurry trail. Best to go in the winter.