Glidewell Trail

Glidewell Trail is a 3.2 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Brookville, Indiana that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, trail running, and fishing and is accessible year-round.

My first impression was disappointing. The path began as a access road with ruts and rocks, or so I thought. Once I reached the point where the long loop & short loop separated, the path became an interesting one person width path that wound through the trees and very near the lake. I did not see another person on the trail which gave my Husky time to grab a drink about half way through the long loop. The trail was a blast and the changes in elevation kept it very interesting from a physically challenging point of view. This will definitely be a staple of my trail walking with the dog!!

My wife and I hiked the long loop today after a rain. Kicked up two deer. Saw a large school of fish jumping, which attracted birds. Picked a ripe paw paw. There's also an indian mound at the end of the ridge. We didn't see a single other person, except for those in power boats roaring across the lake. Not a bad day, although our legs were covered in burs. There weren't a lot of great views on the trail. For that, it might be better to go after some of the leaves fall.

Enjoyable. Provides a few different settings: lakeside, wooded hills, and a grass field. Some sections were overgrown in early August. The long loop (4 miles) is not flat. It's a nice challenge. On a hot day, you can swim in the lake right down the road.

Nice Trail, we did the short loop (2 mi) due to time constrictions, but loved the hike. Beautiful flowers and butterfly's.

Me and my husband walked this trail, alittle on the muddy side even after it hadn't rained in over a week. my shepherd loved it!

Tuesday, October 18, 2016

This was a pretty nice trail. We did the short loop which was labeled two miles, but per my fit bit it was closer to three miles. A very nice, quiet hike. There were two hilly inclines, but other than that, a pretty moderate hike. There was also an Indian Mound we saw along the hike.