Fox Island Trail

Fox Island Trail is a 2.2 mile loop trail located near Fort Wayne, Indiana and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking and nature trips and is best used from May until November.

Hours:
Monday 9AM–6PM
Tuesday 9AM–6PM
Wednesday 9AM–6PM
Thursday 9AM–6PM
Friday 9AM–6PM
Saturday 9AM–6PM
Sunday 9AM–6PM

Great place. Go everyday.

short easy trails make this a good place for a leisurely afternoon hike. The dog area that gives dogs access to the pond is the real highlight to this well maintained nature preserve.

I've only been to this trail once, but I loved walking in and seeing a dog unleashed flying into the lake for his ball. Need more places to take dogs and allow them to be free since not all of us live in the country. The trails are pretty easy and short, which is a good thing I guess to some people.

Saturday, July 09, 2016

Sunday, May 22, 2016

Sunday, May 22, 2016

Saturday, May 07, 2016

Easy trail. Not bad for being so close to downtown. Saw a few snakes and frogs. Surprisingly not many birds. I'd do it again.

Tuesday, April 12, 2016

did this in april. it's a good nearby hike. the whole loop is closer to 8 miles. although parts were close to impassable due to high water. all in all a good hike.

Sunday, February 28, 2016

Monday, December 07, 2015

A favorite little gem. Great spot to bring the kiddos to expose them to the joy of hiking. Got to sneak in a December hike thanks to some unseasonably warm weather!

Thursday, June 25, 2015

Great little gem so close to the city! Summer great hiking (our dog loves it too) and the winter provides some freak cross country skiing or snowshoeing!

Saturday, April 18, 2015

Friday, April 17, 2015

Wednesday, August 06, 2014

Monday, April 29, 2013

I had been avoiding this spot for sometime. I had just assumed that it was flat and lame. I was pleasantly surprised.

This is a great little hike so close to Fort Wayne.

There is a winter hiking trail that seems to circle the entire park. It appears that it becomes over grown with grass and weeds in the summer.

The trails are excellently maintained. And plenty of signage at every junction.

We encountered a lot of wild life.

Do know that it is $2 /person. But I say it's worth it to help maintain this beautiful preserve.

Friday, August 10, 2012

Thursday, July 12, 2012

Fun local spot for the kids and a little hiking.