Deep River Hike is a 2.7 mile out and back trail located near Hobart, Indiana that features a river. The trail is good for all skill levels and primarily used for hiking, walking, and trail running. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Pros: mostly a pretty trail. It most of it is by a river so it’s scenic and peaceful.

A few inclines but nothing too strenuous.

Cons: trail isn’t well marked. It’s not too hard to navigate (if you stay on the wider paths and by the river you’ll be fine) but could be better.

Needs some upkeep. There’s benches and bridges that could use a little love

All that said, an enjoyable walk through the woods.

Trails are not well marked

Tuesday, July 11, 2017

The trail was nice and easy enough with two little kids. But there were lots of smaller trails, some that led nowhere. I wish the trails were marked a little better.

Tuesday, September 27, 2016

Took the green Sulky trail. The first half was good except for the horse poop and muck I had to dodge . The second half was awful though, the trail gradually disappeared. At some point I gave up and decided to back track the way I had come but the trail had several deer paths and I must have gotten off on one of those by mistake . I was lost with no Gps and a map that was vague. I knew if I continued South, I'd eventually come to either the road or the parking lot. I had to climb thru brush and over fallen logs, but eventually found the trail .

Wednesday, February 24, 2016

I hiked it yesterday, it seems to be in a rebuild stage? It as a mess, around the creek, I was only able to go out a half Mile out and then it became 'unhikeable'

Saturday, October 31, 2015

not that bad

Sunday, December 07, 2014

Pretty easy hiking. Could get muddy with any recent rain because some of trail takes you right along Deep River. There are some fallen trees across some of the trails but I took my daughters, ages 11 and 7, and we all had a good time. They liked crossing the couple of wooden bridges also. Pretty clean too.

Tuesday, July 18, 2017