Cowles Bog Trail

Cowles Bog Trail is a 4.4 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Chesterton, Indiana that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

beach

Cowles Bog is a 5 mile loop trail located near Chesterton, Indiana and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking and is accessible year-round.

Nice trail, not to hard with the exception of the dune by the beach. I used this as a warm-up for some of the other trails in the park. If the weather is nice you can jump in the lake for a swim and cool off before heading back.

This is a great trail to do if you're looking for a little exercise as there are some good, steep hills as you near the beach. Mosquitos weren't terrible, but I'd still recommend bug repellent. Oh, and prepare to get a lot of sand in your shoes!

This is a great trail. You can make it different distances with a couple cut through trails. Going all the way to the beach is fun - big hill just before the beach.

Excellent variety between bog, hardwood forest and dune environments. Throw in Lake Michigan and the Chicago skyline as a bonus.

Nice view from top of dune. Great variety of foliage. Pretty beach.

Great hike! loved the break in-between, exploring the beach before heading back into the woods :)

It was a decent trail. We went in the summer so there were lots of bugs which was to be expected since the trail runs through a boggy area. The beach was pretty at the end but the hike back up the sandy dune was tough. Bring lots of water and wear close toe shoes.

this was a super fun trail in a great adventure for me and my family. We took a stroller and that turned out to be a good challenge because of the dirt sand mix end big incline's. all in all though a great Trail and and definitely a repeat without the stroller

It was great! Went with my family. We had our 7month old in his stroller. I wouldn't advise a stroller. But we did complete the entire trail. About midway we splashed about in the beach

Fairly challenging trail but not impossible. I enjoyed the view and all the wildlife. Beautiful place.