Charlestown State Park #6 Trail

Charlestown State Park #6 Trail is a 2.3 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Charlestown, Indiana that features a river and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

A beautiful trail with enough rock formations and waterfalls to keep you wondering what gem you'll find around the next bend. Just watch out for spider webs constructed across entire widths of the trail...learned that one the hard way.

Nice short hike I do on the regular. Great view of some waterfalls on the decent. Didn’t like how a lot of the trail was right next to roads even if they were lightly traveled access roads within the state park.

We took our 5 year old and 2 7 year olds on this hike. They did great. The best part is the waterfall and ravine you get to cross twice. The flatland along the river is dull. Not as many views of the river as I would have expected. Maybe more in the winter.

good hiking trail withe some very nice views.

Nice paved trail until you get to the island. My 6 and 3 year old girls did fine on the steep hill. would like to come back in the fall and experience the eerieness in the dark. lots of history here.

Nice trail with some good views of the river and a waterfall. We went the day after a decent rain and the trail was very slick in some spots. Best trail in the park, imho.

Prepare for a bit of a steep incline at first then it levels off and descends. We thought is was a very nice casual hike for an experienced hiker. It is $9 out of state and $7 for residence to enter park.

Fine hike. First time to the park. Didn't look at the website prior to going, and was surprised by the $9 non-resident parking fee...

Great trail. The last 1/2 mile or so was on a service road. Overall a decent trail.

Very pretty and probably my favorite trail in Charlestown state park

Friday, January 13, 2017

decent trail not hard all trails in park are fair or better

Saturday, June 25, 2016

I hiked all of these park trails in one day and this one was my favorite.

Saturday, June 18, 2016

The waterfalls were absolutely the best part of the trail and well worth the hike. We went at a time the water was really low and I can only imagine how much more beautiful it is when fuller. The last part of the trail after the second bridge was disappointing for a couple of reasons. One was the smell; which I realize may not be there all the time but it was a terrible odor to withstand. The second was the pavement; which I realize may not matter to some but I like true earth under my feet when hiking. My 8 year old son enjoyed it as well and it was an easy hike for him to maneuver. The ranger was the most friendly and informative of all the parks I've been to.

Monday, June 13, 2016

Great hike along the Ohio River.

Thursday, June 09, 2016

Nice variety of terrain. Favorite trail at Charlestown State Park.

Sunday, April 17, 2016

A short hike that has everything!

Saturday, April 16, 2016

My favorite of all the trails.

Monday, March 21, 2016

love this trail! lots to explore!

Monday, March 21, 2016

Hiked this one after doing #3 and #7. Liked this trail especially the parts going up and down the ridge. Great views of the river but walking the last quarter or half mile on the road is kind of a let down. Other than that minor flaw, great trail! Cool water falls too!