Camp Creek and Fall Creek Trails Loop

Camp Creek and Fall Creek Trails Loop is a 2.4 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Indianapolis, Indiana that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 2.4 miles Elevation Gain: 124 feet Route Type: Loop

partially paved

I’m returning to hiking after a long absence, and this trail is perfect for a novice hiker. Beautiful views of Fall Creek, and the upper route is not overly wet or muddy. Shaded and well-maintained trail. Love Fort Ben. We are fortunate to have an urban state park in Indianapolis.

Lovely trail with plenty of elevation changes. It’s been a very wet spring, and trail was no more muddy than anticipated- easy to navigate around.

Cool trail for being in the city.

I go on this trail with my dog very frequently as it's a perfect distance for a quick evening hike after I get off of work and want to enjoy nature and the weather. It can get muddy in some places, but that's a given. There are lots of options to choose from if you want to veer off the main trail and go on other trails. While there isn't a ton to see, it's a nice trail with some twists and turns and ups and downs that make it a good go-to for a quick hike.

Once you switch to Camp Creek trail, it gets very muddy and quite unenjoyable. Otherwise, the perfect loop trail for a weeknight hike or run.

my daily favorite hike

I dont recommend a stroller. alot of stairs.

really beautiful and scenic trails...

trail in good shape for now, not too muddy. a lot of green undergrowth just barely showing, wildflowers not blooming yet except spring harbinger.

Given all the rain and snow lately, the trail was very muddy! Other than that it was a great walk, nice steep inclines and grades every once in a while. Can’t wait to go back in the summer when it’s not as muddy!

Thanks to the polar vortex last week much of the camp creek trail was very icy and/or muddy. Great trail for hiking especially the portion off the pavement.

Moderately easy trail, good for getting out and close to the city. Some areas can get muddy so don’t bring your new kicks.

I agree I would not call this trail moderate. It should be easy. One hill with steps doesn’t qualify it as moderate for me. I like being “off road”

Nice hike but a lot of it was on asphalt which was a downer. I liked the woods portion.

First time in Fort Harrison. First time using this app. Enjoyed both. Chipmunks and squirrels and deer, oh my!

One of my fave hikes in the state park. Not generally very busy and a nice place to go on a hike to escape the city life for a bit.

My husband and I hiked Camp Creek Trail yesterday with our two dogs. We had a great time! we dont care for asphalt trails but aren't quiet ready for a "difficult" trail yet. This trail had some steeper inclines and spots that were pretty narrow with drop offs right on the other side. It deffinitly was great for giving that backcountry feel but still on a dirt path. We only past one other couple and 3 deer.

beautiful park, but the trails are not marked very well

very nice scenery, clean trails as well!

Saturday, June 02, 2018

Loved it! Very kid friendly!

Monday, March 05, 2018

Super easy trail though most is near the creek so flooding can be a big problem depending on the time of year. Be prepared for it to be closed or very muddy. Other than that, very easy, wide, flat trail.

Monday, February 26, 2018

The trail is totally flooded today. Come prepared for a nice walk on the road. Wait till the waters recede and I’ll give it 5 stars !

Friday, January 26, 2018

Really nice trail! Loved it! Well marked, well traveled. Two spots, very small area, where ice was still present. Ground was frozen so it was not muddy.

Monday, January 22, 2018

Fun trail yesterday that is still snow packed. Not too strenuous and there are stairs near the Creek to cut down on erosion. Great place to bring the dog. Took about an hour on the full snow pack just because there were some icy spots. I expect it will be muddy once it melts. Ample parking and not crowded at all.

Friday, January 05, 2018

Tuesday, October 03, 2017

A fun mix of trails at Fort Harrison State Park. This nice Oct morning had good weather, well kept trails and about a dozen deer, including 2 bucks! The less traveled route is my favorite - narrow, sharp turns and a few small inclines.

Sunday, September 03, 2017

A really nice and well maintained trail.