Bloodroot Trail

Bloodroot Trail is a 14.6 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Lagro, Indiana that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

canoeing

beach

The fact that there are a few backpacking sites here is awesome. the scenery is great for this part of the state. excellent overall!

If you are camping site 6 is by far the best. The hike is underwhelming. First 3 miles are pretty much walking alongside cornfields . Backside of the hike has some elevation but is nice and scenic with the water in your view most of the time. We had a lot of fun.

One of our favorites in Indy. Love the new signage as well, makes it much easier to find out way.

Solo overnight trip. Majority of hike is flat, averaged 3.3 mph with 25 lb overnight loadout. Campsite 6 had great view of the lake.

This is a very good beginner trail. I actually got turned around once and back tracked about a mile but other than that I really enjoyed the trail, there's 2 campsites marked and a 3rd that isn't marked it's a very peaceful trail, highly recommend it.

Over all the trail was a lot of fun it is just over 12 miles. Campsite 2 is actually two campsite. Both with a fire ring and picnic table. They are about 200 yards apart. Campsite one has a. Bush-crafted shelter on it not much room for a tent and trees for hammocks are almost non existent. This is a great trail for firs timers trying to figure out if they wanna get into backpacking, or even kids. I am a pretty big dude and I would have no problem doing this trail in one sitting. It is an externally well marked trail lots of road signs for the bikers. The lake is right there if you need to filter water. Although getting down to it can be a bit tricky. It was a really good trail just not a lot to see. If you want grand views and vistas this is not the trail for you. You you want a leisurely walk in the woods this trail is perfect

I did the trail as a warmup for some trips we are getting ready for. There were 5 of us and we left around 12:00 the first day and backpacked to campsite #2 and camped. We hiked out the next morning and were done by 12:00. This is an excellent trail for beginners and is well marked other than the beginning, close to the maintenance building where some work was being done. The trail takes you to some pretty remote areas and was more challenging at times than I expected.

It's pretty decent. Not fantastic views but secluded in the back. Well marked trails except for one confusing sign : incoming/outgoing.

it is a moderately rugged trail with plenty of switchbacks and A really lovely loop system that is a lot of fun for all levels of hikers

good hike for just about all conditions and skill levels

This was a great 13 mile loop for an overnight trip! Campsite #2 is great with access to reservoir and very secluded. It has a fire pit and picnic table. Everything is well marked and maintained.

I love this hike! Never a disappointment.

Friday, September 16, 2016

I'm a novice backpacker. This was a good trail to test skills and train. I hiked my gear from the Mount Etna trailhead to campsite #1 which is an easy 1.25 miles up to about 3 miles if you "hug" the reservior. The trail and campsite were well kept. It was a fun trip. My only complaint is poor access to the lake to get water to filter. Big problem if you want to spend more than just overnight. There were some streams, but too dry to get water out from them.