Birdseye Trail: Full Loop

Birdseye Trail: Full Loop is a 12.8 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Birdseye, Indiana that offers the chance to see wildlife. The trail is rated as moderate offers a number of activity options. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

The trail was very overgrown in some places and there wasn’t really much as far as “neat scenery” to see. Ticks were terrible and after cutting the hike short a couple miles and taking a dirt road back to my car I found over 30 ticks on myself. Maybe I must have just done this trail at the wrong time of the year, but not sure I’m even up for trying it again at a different time of the year. Ooh and there was horse droppings EVERYWHERE along the trail.

This is one of my favorite trails for its variety, length and relative lack of hills. There are multiple water crossings that, depending on the time of year can be thigh deep, bring sandals! Several seasonal waterfalls exist just off the trail. An 1800’s cemetery is included in this trail along with several homestead sites that make this trail something to discover!