Bicentennial Woods Eagle Trail

Bicentennial Woods Eagle Trail is a 1.5 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Huntertown, Indiana that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Great hike, kind of short. Parking is incredibly limited so get there early! We loved wading in the creek when the water wasn’t too deep!

Great little hike! If you only have a couple of hours and want to take a walk in the woods, this is a great little place to go!

Good local trail!

Saturday, June 03, 2017

Perfect for a family hike. Trails are in good shape and all bridges and stairs have been repaired.
A gem.

Friday, May 26, 2017

Great trail. A lot to explore

Wednesday, May 03, 2017

As far as local hiking goes, this is one of my favorite trails.

Sunday, November 27, 2016

This trail is a nice hike with two small loops. This is nice if you have a four legged hiking buddy, who likes to take a poop about ten minutes in to the hike because it gives you the opportunity to take it back to the car so you don't have to carry it the entire time. Overall, this has been my favorite short hike in the fort wayne area.

Wednesday, November 23, 2016

This is a wonderful hike, however parking is terrible. There is only room for two cars to park.

Sunday, November 13, 2016

I took my daughters with me... the parking was my only complaint.. but other than that we loved it! it was nice to see other ppl there too..

Sunday, November 06, 2016

overall great looping trail. poor parking situation. beautiful. defined paths. saw a family of deer. some trails ran along side a river. lots of possible on the trail

Sunday, October 09, 2016

Fun trail, relatively clean cut trails are very easy to follow, good views along the creek. Great trail for walking dogs. Simple enough for whole family but enjoyable for any level of hiker.

Sunday, October 09, 2016

Nice hiking trail

Tuesday, August 23, 2016

Very peaceful and quite

Thursday, August 04, 2016

I had a wonderful time. And I enjoyed the peace and quiet that I really needed.

Thursday, July 21, 2016

Trails are in good condition

Tuesday, July 14, 2015

Mosquitoes are unbearable. If you try this definitely bring spray. Trail is wet il and slippery in spots. Could not find a way to get to the large bridge to cross. Hopefully nicer once it dries out.

Monday, July 13, 2015

This is a beautiful trail set. Unfortunately recent weather has made mosquitoes horrid & there were many trees down across the trail plus a bridge out. Look forward to visiting in more favorable conditions! I'd love to know ages on some the larger trees that look quite well established! There are several others ACRES preserves close by also.

Sunday, March 15, 2015

Great scenic trail- needs a little maintaining in places.

Sunday, November 10, 2013

great short hike! Took my dog with me...she loved it! Very pretty scenery along the river

Saturday, June 15, 2013

Very nice. I loved the hilly terrain and the peaceful sounds of the creek nearby. I can't wait to bring my dog here.

Thursday, April 18, 2013

Walking Time - 40:06 minutes
Total Time - 56:00 minutes
Minimum Elevation - 689 ft
Maximum Elevation - 786 ft

This trail was listed in my Hiking Indiana Falcon Guide. Located at Bicentennial Woods near Huntertown, Indiana. From Van Wert, Ohio it was 52 miles. This woods is 8 miles north of Ft. Wayne, Indiana. There are several trails here on 80 acres. We walked approximately half of the Dogwood Trail until it connected with the Eagle Trail, then most of Eagle Trail, with a couple side trails in between. This is a beautiful area with lots of large trees. Would like to go back sometime and walk the areas we missed today. Saw lots and lots of squirrels. One even jumped out at me. Rich even saw a snake scuttle away into the bushes.

Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Beautiful land, always well maintained.

Wednesday, April 04, 2012

Just went last Saturday with the new puppy. Great time, lots of ups and downs. Fun all around quick hike.

Sunday, March 11, 2012

Bicentennial Woods is great for an afternoon hike! Check out the other ACRES Land Trust nature preserves at acreslandtrust.org!

Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Great trails. Few loop trails. Wonderful way to spend a couple hours or all day. One of the last old growth forests in Indiana. Many trees over 250 years old. Hiked with my four year old grandson. We had a great time together on the trails there.

Saturday, September 03, 2011

I took my 5 year old son on this trail this morning. I was a nice starter trail with a few small hills. Very nice to get him interested in hiking.

Sunday, August 08, 2010

This is a pleasant hike that will take you about an hour to complete. When you add in some side trails, the distance is a little more than stated.