Anderson Falls

Anderson Falls is a 1.8 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Hartsville, Indiana that features a waterfall and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and fishing and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

I think this trail is gonna be a favorite. Do not try this trail after the rains because if you do, you will have to walk more to cross the creek. When you get down there and you can not get across the creek, all you do is walk farther then cross.

My kids loved hiking up the creek bed.

This is a truly awful trail. So overgrown, had to relocate lots of spiders, shoo off a stray dog, and it’s nearly impossible to stay on the trail in some places. It’s a shame because the falls is actually pretty.

The falls are beautiful, but good lord are the trails poorly marked, at least for a beginner. Signs with arrows that seem to point you in the opposite direction, and deer trails adjacent that are more worn than the actual trail itself. I have two dogs that hike with me, and it was a nightmare with them, not only with the trail size but all the foliage that's not trimmed. This is a one time visit for us.

Nice short trail. Unless I missed something, you have to cross the river on foot to get to it. If the water levels are low, this is no problem. You walk across the top of the waterfall and there are a lot of slippery rocks to use like stepping stones. I had no problem at all, but my dog struggled a bit. I think if the river was high, this could be quite dangerous, as if you lost your footing and fell, you might go right over the falls, and they are quite high! Or if you can't see the rocks well, you could turn an ankle. I did not see any other access to the trail beyond that. The trail itself was a nice, easy, pretty trail.

Wednesday, July 20, 2016