Waterfall Glen Trail

Waterfall Glen Trail is a 9.5 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Willowbrook, Illinois that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until November. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Very nice, well maintained gravel trail, good elevation changes for the greater Chicago area. My dog and I hiked from the starting point clockwise to the waterfall and back, about 6 miles. Mostly through fairly dense forest, so there was plenty of shade on a 85 degree day in July, which kept both my dog and I pretty comfortable for the long hike. Not much scenery, except the waterfall which was a very busy area, but I will be back to complete the entire loop.

Parking is limited nearest the actual waterfall (at Cass and Bluff), and this is a VERY popular spot for hiking. Don't expect a quiet and peaceful afternoon. We quickly went off the limestone trail and walked next to the creek which was more fun with varying terrain. The main trail was clean and well marked.

The water level is pretty low this year. It seems more like a place to go to run or bike ride vs trying to get a hike in. We only ran across a few dogs and they were all on leash like they were supposed to be. Which was a relief since my pup isn't a fan of dogs running up to her and sometimes on trails people don't always follow that run. I'm sure it would of gotten a higher rating at a different time of year, or a year that wasn't so dry. Only because we picked this spot for the water views. Other than that it was REALLY well kept.

Awesome time, walked the whole thing! Great workout & very nice trail:)

The trail is very pretty but it's more of a bike path, not great for hiking unless you just want a long walk. If you do the whole ~10 miles it is quite a trek, but it's pretty flat all the way around.

Hiked all 10 miles with my wife on Saturday. What a great day. The trails are well maintained and documented so its difficult to get lost. We need to try it with my bike next time.