Waterfall Glen Trail

Waterfall Glen Trail is a 9.3 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Willowbrook, Illinois that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until November. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

43 minutes ago

Nice trail!

really nice

Good trail to test out pack load/equipment. Bring a hat or sunblock for there isn’t much shading. It’s a pretty busy loop, but everyone is polite and there’s room for everyone.

"Main Trail" is 9.5 mile long with beautiful long trees and some water bodies along the route. scenic views mentioned on trail map arent really scenic. water is all dried out. trail roads clearly marked. no water fountain in middle of trail. restrooms every 3 miles almost. horse back riding possible.

You will not get bored running here if you like nature.

I lost my keys to a Chrysler vehicle on Friday the 13, anyone finds them please contact the park rangers thank you.

I use this trail to get some gravel miles in when palos singletrack is too soft. Some decent climbs and nice scenery. Trails are also groomed for cross country skiing in the winter when there's enough snow.

Lots of varied foliage and scenery. Peaceful. Will definitely do again.

My first time here was today and it was amazing

This trail is well kept up and looks nice. The trail is wide and has plenty of room to go around people. The waterfall is nice to see. Even on a week day the trail is busy. Go out and see this wonderful forest.

BUG SPRAY -- USE IT! I wish I'd remembered before my last visit. More than once I was attacked by a cloud of aggressive mosquitos.

With some DEET, it's the best hike in the area, mostly thanks to the river: cliffs, crossings, and the waterfall. The gravel holds up well even when it's been raining. I've almost always seen something interesting -- a skunk, or turtles, once I was surprised by a young deer that was invisible in tall grass just feet off the trail, until it bolted.

Great place to hike! Waterfall, river and forest. Multiple entrance points, convenient parking. Gorgeous in any season.

It was pretty and smelled wonderful but it was too crowded. We went out early on a Sunday and when we reached the waterfall it was overcrowded with people there in their bathing suits. One guy was playing music and ruining the quiet. I made it halfway thru a banana and turned around and walked three miles back to the car. Saw a deer running. Probably running away from the jerk with the boom box. Bikes were flying by and it was not the peaceful walk id hoped for. Not going back on a weekend, if ever.

Great trail for running

nice and clean

My son and I loved it and we found a troll cave... or so he says.

A pleasant trail that is wide with good footing. I think the Moderate rating must have more to do with length than difficulty. Will definitely do it again.

Longest loop in area that features gentle rolling hills. Best place for a long run (15k once, double or out and back to add more miles).

You share the path with runners, walkers and bikers of all ages, but people are cordigal. It can get crowded on weekend mornings especially during XC season and with those training for the Chicago Marathon.

There are restrooms at three of the parking locations and two or three porta potties along the way. There is also a water pump at the main Northgate Road trail head parking area.

This 15k loop is a rolling, curving trail running mostly through forest. Mostly crushed gravel, what it lacks in technical challenge, it makes up for with lots of gentle hills. This is the longest loop with the most elevation gain I've found in the area. Run the loop counter clockwise for the best workout. Also, do not use the directions from this app as it takes you to a private access road that you can't go down. There are three trailhead parking lots available so look them up. Lastly, this is not a remote run - you cross the road several times between the Waterfall parking lot and the Main trailhead parking lot. Nevertheless, it is lovely and a pleasure to run. If you are a road runner looking for a change of pace, try this loop.

1st waterfall glen hike. I'm coming back!

If you're going here, bring your bike.

Beautiful trail for hiking or biking. Pressed gravel with nice variety of woods, prairie, and segments along the water with some moderate changes in elevation to spots with lovely views of the Des Plaines River and the CCC Waterfall. We've hiked with our parents or young kids or biked the trail and always enjoyed our visits.

All crushed limestone, very little single track or woods type trails. Dog allowed but not free. Good for fitness, but not very technical

Great crushed rock path for easy biking or cross country running, but not woodsy or much fun for kids.

Very scenic and I would rate it as moderate and one of better ones in the area.

Monday, July 24, 2017

Very unimpressed. I think this trail is intended for biking or maybe jogging if you live in the area. We drove about an hour to get there and it definitely wasn't worth it. Nothing interesting to look at, no wildlife aside from mosquitos and an occasional squirrel. Maybe we should have entered at a different area on the trail and it would have been better, but I don't think we will risk trying this trail out again.

Thursday, July 13, 2017

Very nice, well maintained gravel trail, good elevation changes for the greater Chicago area. My dog and I hiked from the starting point clockwise to the waterfall and back, about 6 miles. Mostly through fairly dense forest, so there was plenty of shade on a 85 degree day in July, which kept both my dog and I pretty comfortable for the long hike. Not much scenery, except the waterfall which was a very busy area, but I will be back to complete the entire loop.

Sunday, July 09, 2017

Parking is limited nearest the actual waterfall (at Cass and Bluff), and this is a VERY popular spot for hiking. Don't expect a quiet and peaceful afternoon. We quickly went off the limestone trail and walked next to the creek which was more fun with varying terrain. The main trail was clean and well marked.

Friday, July 07, 2017

The water level is pretty low this year. It seems more like a place to go to run or bike ride vs trying to get a hike in. We only ran across a few dogs and they were all on leash like they were supposed to be. Which was a relief since my pup isn't a fan of dogs running up to her and sometimes on trails people don't always follow that run. I'm sure it would of gotten a higher rating at a different time of year, or a year that wasn't so dry. Only because we picked this spot for the water views. Other than that it was REALLY well kept.