Waterfall Glen Trail

Waterfall Glen Trail is a 9.5 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Willowbrook, Illinois that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until November. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Longest loop in area that features gentle rolling hills. Best place for a long run (15k once, double or out and back to add more miles).

You share the path with runners, walkers and bikers of all ages, but people are cordigal. It can get crowded on weekend mornings especially during XC season and with those training for the Chicago Marathon.

There are restrooms at three of the parking locations and two or three porta potties along the way. There is also a water pump at the main Northgate Road trail head parking area.

This 15k loop is a rolling, curving trail running mostly through forest. Mostly crushed gravel, what it lacks in technical challenge, it makes up for with lots of gentle hills. This is the longest loop with the most elevation gain I've found in the area. Run the loop counter clockwise for the best workout. Also, do not use the directions from this app as it takes you to a private access road that you can't go down. There are three trailhead parking lots available so look them up. Lastly, this is not a remote run - you cross the road several times between the Waterfall parking lot and the Main trailhead parking lot. Nevertheless, it is lovely and a pleasure to run. If you are a road runner looking for a change of pace, try this loop.

If you're going here, bring your bike.

Beautiful trail for hiking or biking. Pressed gravel with nice variety of woods, prairie, and segments along the water with some moderate changes in elevation to spots with lovely views of the Des Plaines River and the CCC Waterfall. We've hiked with our parents or young kids or biked the trail and always enjoyed our visits.

All crushed limestone, very little single track or woods type trails. Dog allowed but not free. Good for fitness, but not very technical

Great crushed rock path for easy biking or cross country running, but not woodsy or much fun for kids.

Very scenic and I would rate it as moderate and one of better ones in the area.

Very unimpressed. I think this trail is intended for biking or maybe jogging if you live in the area. We drove about an hour to get there and it definitely wasn't worth it. Nothing interesting to look at, no wildlife aside from mosquitos and an occasional squirrel. Maybe we should have entered at a different area on the trail and it would have been better, but I don't think we will risk trying this trail out again.

Very nice, well maintained gravel trail, good elevation changes for the greater Chicago area. My dog and I hiked from the starting point clockwise to the waterfall and back, about 6 miles. Mostly through fairly dense forest, so there was plenty of shade on a 85 degree day in July, which kept both my dog and I pretty comfortable for the long hike. Not much scenery, except the waterfall which was a very busy area, but I will be back to complete the entire loop.

Parking is limited nearest the actual waterfall (at Cass and Bluff), and this is a VERY popular spot for hiking. Don't expect a quiet and peaceful afternoon. We quickly went off the limestone trail and walked next to the creek which was more fun with varying terrain. The main trail was clean and well marked.

The water level is pretty low this year. It seems more like a place to go to run or bike ride vs trying to get a hike in. We only ran across a few dogs and they were all on leash like they were supposed to be. Which was a relief since my pup isn't a fan of dogs running up to her and sometimes on trails people don't always follow that run. I'm sure it would of gotten a higher rating at a different time of year, or a year that wasn't so dry. Only because we picked this spot for the water views. Other than that it was REALLY well kept.

Awesome time, walked the whole thing! Great workout & very nice trail:)

The trail is very pretty but it's more of a bike path, not great for hiking unless you just want a long walk. If you do the whole ~10 miles it is quite a trek, but it's pretty flat all the way around.

Hiked all 10 miles with my wife on Saturday. What a great day. The trails are well maintained and documented so its difficult to get lost. We need to try it with my bike next time.

Easy, road-like. Place to get some miles in when singletrack is wet..

Overall, a very long and relaxing trail. My only issue is having to use the manmade path instead of a natural trail. People on the path are very friendly, but bike cyclists do not announce themselves as they pass bye. Definitely will hike through here again.

Awesomeness Maximus

Awesome and a beautiful trial. Love spending time with my family over the weekends here.