Wake Robin Trail

Wake Robin Trail is a 3.6 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Peoria Heights, Illinois that offers the chance to see wildlife. The trail is rated as moderate and primarily used for hiking, walking, trail running, and nature trips.

This trail is currently closed until July 2017.

As Robyn said below, this trail is currently closed until July (post from Forest Park on Facebook a few days ago). But when it reopens, I'd highly recommend it. It has some challenging parts with uphills and stairs, but overall I'd rate it moderate to easy. I usually take the Bee Tree Trail up and access the trail from the ridge. At the conclusion, I don't take the stairs to do Deer Run, but continue on Lower Deer Run, which eventually leads you back to the main Valley Loop Trail by the nature center. I like to pack a snack and stop for a few seconds to enjoy nature in the little "treehouse" built about halfway through the trail.

Just letting people know this trail has been closed for the last few months due to erosion. Not sure when they will be re-opening it.

Thursday, November 17, 2016

Trail was well maintained, and there was a lot of wildlife compared to others in the area. The trail was hilly and the map was easy to follow. Make sure to stop by the nature center beforehand and pick up a map. It was definitely a moderate hike and I would recommend it to anybody!

Friday, May 29, 2015

Great for all to enjoy :)

Monday, December 31, 2012

This is my favorite trail in the Peoria area. It encompasses four hills steep enough to get your heart rate up and long enough for a good workout. I enjoy this trail summer and winter.

Sunday, March 05, 2017