The Nature Institute Olin Nature Preserve

The Nature Institute Olin Nature Preserve is a 2.8 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Godfrey, Illinois that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, nature trips, and birding and is best used from April until December.

The only problem I see is that it's closed from December 1st to March 31st. I love this place and miss it on the rare warm winter days.

excellent hike, lots of beautiful trails, history, creek beds, waterfalls

Magical!

Great place to hike with the kids. No pets though.

One of my favorite local hikes. Beautiful forested trails with several hills and gullies, a stream with a cascade of waterfalls (when it's not so dry), a Mississippi River overlook, all well maintained. I did come across one large tree blocking the trail that I assume fell recently. The stream bed next to it was dry, so it was easy to bypass it in the dry stream bed.

I went there and found out that dogs aren't allowed so I left and will never go back!

Well maintained. Impressed that they actively remove invasive plant species. Bring bug spray.

Nice trip. Easy to do trail. The wildflowers were especially beautiful. Came face to face with a sweet deer and a turtle.

Its a fun hike. Tons of wildlife! The creek with the falls were beautiful.

Very good trail. Multiple routes to take, depending on how much you plan to hike. Very scenic as well, and depending on the time of day you go, very little traffic (Only saw one other group when I went at 8 AM). Definitely going back there again, sometime.

This was a good hike. Nice lookout of the river and shaded on a really hot day, which was nice. We saw several waterfalls even though the stream was pretty low. We even saw a fawn hiding in some brush. Beaver Falls was really nice.

At one point, the hike took us out into a mowed field area and we thought we may have chosen an incorrect path, but it was correct and led us back in to the woods to finish up the hike.

Very pretty. Some steeper declines and a bit of a hill here and there but worth it.

it was a nice hike. enjoyed the view of the lookout. deff going back.

Great trails & multiple waterfalls

Great trails

This is one of my favorite local hikes. Even though it is accessed in a residential area, it feels very secluded when you take off on the trails. There are multiple trails with varying degrees of terrain and difficulty. Most of the trails are interconnected so that you can have a different experience every time. There is plenty of wild life and multiple species of birds to be seen and heard.