Silver Springs State Park Loop

easyYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray Star(106)
Silver Springs State Park

Silver Springs State Park Loop is a 3 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Yorkville, Illinois that features a lake and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Distance: 3.0 miles Elevation Gain: 134 feet Route Type: Loop

stroller friendly

A few muddy patches which were expected after the week we’ve had. A nice enjoyable 3 mile loop with some great sites and hills!

Easy with kids and a dog. I was even able to wear my toddle and walk the trail easily with her on my back.

I followed a lot of the trails through the woods. I ended doing 4.72mi. I didn’t even do all the trails. It’s a good walk. Make sure to go over by the toboggan hill and walk up the fox ridge hiking trail. It leads you around so easily.

Tried this hike on the frigid cold day a few days ago and only made it the tiny loop at the main trail head until I finished the hike. Would rather stay safe than get frostbite of hypothermia! I will try and return again at some point though

I hate Illinois

Beautiful place to go hick and relax. Although I recommend to take a pair of old sneakers. There’s a lot of goose poop.

Mon May 13 2019

Wed Oct 11 2017

went there yesterday for the first time. Beautiful place. I didn't see any trail maps or markings at all which I didn't like, but really enjoyed the peacefulness of the place.

Sat Jul 29 2017

Tried to do the 3 mile loop. Luckily this app kept me on the trail (and road) but unfortunately it was not wheelchair accessible.

Sat Sep 17 2016

Nice place to hike with scenic views of the river. A few hilly areas, but mostly level gravel/dirt paths.

Wed Jul 27 2016

This is by far one of my favorite parks in the area. If you go around sunset (8ish around this time of year) you're bound to get some beautiful pictures! The hikes at Silver Springs are always very easy but we always manage to get attacked by mosquitos so make sure you don't forget the bug spray like I always do!

Thu May 26 2016

Nice and easy trails, beautiful place. I fished the main lake, bluegill galore and i could see many bass hunting but couldn't get any. A few lakes dot the area and seen fisherman at each one. The main lake has a small shack they sell bait and concessions, even rent kayaks.

Sun May 08 2016

Nice little park to walk in I use it for throwing my backpack on and getting some practice in. Mostly level trails a few up and downs in wooded area along interior road, go early to catch sunrise over Loon Lake .

Sun Apr 24 2016

Love Shabbona St Pk and everything in it...the Lake with its great Muskie and Walleye fishing and the trail that goes around the lake nice and easy and dog friendly too

Tue Jun 10 2014

Nice place to hike. Beautiful scenery. Easy trails to hike but they are not marked very well so you have to guess sometimes to see if you are going the right way.

Fri Sep 20 2013

Diverse atmosphere here...a few little lakes w/ paddle boats and serious fishermen; flat trail right along Fox River; dirt paths through prairie meadows, and a couple rocky/rooty hills that are slippery when wet and very steep. Not a very huge park, so if you get caught on a trail that's not your cup of tea, it's easy to change course. I go here when I just want a good walk in the woods, away from the maddening crowd. Planning to come back to try some Catch n Release fishing. We saw a guy fly- fishing there last month, and he was hauling them in! Fascinating to sit and watch from the dock or benches around lake. There is a "bait shop/snack shop", but I've never seen it open-so hours must be very limited due to state funding cuts?