Saw Wee Kee Trail

Saw Wee Kee Trail is a 5.8 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Yorkville, Illinois that offers scenic views and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from April until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

old growth

I was excited to hike this trail because of the difficult rating... But was quickly disappointed when I got there. the only part that I found difficult was trying to figure out the markers. also, I would not feel safe to hike this when bikers are out. I went after it rained so there were no bikers around, but I can't imagine being able to duck away fast enough when a biker comes rushing downhill at you, or the bike to avoid you safely.

Curvy, hilly trail obviously groomed for mountain biking but fun. Easy walk along the river the inland trails set up for biking but we enjoyed the hiking. All gravel, rock and sand no paved. We brought the dog and he loved it too.

Great hike

Loved the informal structure of the trail, all dirt paths, no paved or gravel trails. I would consider the trail to be more moderate than difficult. Great trail overall!

awesomeness!!! i underestimated the difficulty level on it!
its definitely a workout!

great trails. not much heavy traffic. 4 year old loved it. wear the right shoes pretty rocky for this area in IL.

I have hiked sort of casually in the past and this summer did the longer option at Starved Rock and some local other trails....this one we went to because of the "moderate to high" difficulty. It made all other trails look like a cake walk. The workout difficulty was great---nice and painful-- possibility of danger made it more fun. We did not anticipate the mosquitoes (see...hiking nube) so I didnt bring bug spray. We could not stop to catch our breath for more than 20-30 seconds without being attacked so we had to keep moving pretty fast. We sort of jogged up the hills and were careful coming down---cause in this place if you get hurt...you are screwed. If it weren't for the darn flying boodsuckers, this was a fantastic beautiful forest hike. I'll go in the cooler months or with a bath in deet next time.