Saw Wee Kee Trail

Saw Wee Kee Trail is a 5.8 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Yorkville, Illinois that offers scenic views and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from April until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

old growth

Great for technical trail running - up, down, rocks, ruts, roots - love it.

NOT an easy trail.. My dogs and I walked it however there is no way I would ride on it.. too many rocks and soft spots.

NOT for road biking. Large stones on down hill grades, areas of soft sand, trails unmarked. Great for adventurous mountain bikes, moderately agile hikers, but there is no way I would call this easy.

An easy trail if you stay on the main path but if you get on to some of the smaller trails that branch off of the main trail it can be quite difficult.

Not an easy hike. Make sure to look at a map before hiking, easy to get lost but it was a great work out and nice hills.

Warning for the newbie's, this trail is far from easy. Why it is marked easy I have no idea. There is a flat trail that kinda of circles around the real trail. If you are not going to use the entire trail why make the drive out there though. Great cardio workout for those so inclined, whether your biking, hiking, or running it. If your biking helmets are required.

I was excited to hike this trail because of the difficult rating... But was quickly disappointed when I got there. the only part that I found difficult was trying to figure out the markers. also, I would not feel safe to hike this when bikers are out. I went after it rained so there were no bikers around, but I can't imagine being able to duck away fast enough when a biker comes rushing downhill at you, or the bike to avoid you safely.

Sunday, February 26, 2017

Curvy, hilly trail obviously groomed for mountain biking but fun. Easy walk along the river the inland trails set up for biking but we enjoyed the hiking. All gravel, rock and sand no paved. We brought the dog and he loved it too.

Wednesday, February 22, 2017

Loved the informal structure of the trail, all dirt paths, no paved or gravel trails. I would consider the trail to be more moderate than difficult. Great trail overall!

Thursday, November 03, 2016

awesomeness!!! i underestimated the difficulty level on it!
its definitely a workout!

Tuesday, August 23, 2016

great trails. not much heavy traffic. 4 year old loved it. wear the right shoes pretty rocky for this area in IL.

Monday, August 22, 2016

I have hiked sort of casually in the past and this summer did the longer option at Starved Rock and some local other trails....this one we went to because of the "moderate to high" difficulty. It made all other trails look like a cake walk. The workout difficulty was great---nice and painful-- possibility of danger made it more fun. We did not anticipate the mosquitoes (see...hiking nube) so I didnt bring bug spray. We could not stop to catch our breath for more than 20-30 seconds without being attacked so we had to keep moving pretty fast. We sort of jogged up the hills and were careful coming down---cause in this place if you get are screwed. If it weren't for the darn flying boodsuckers, this was a fantastic beautiful forest hike. I'll go in the cooler months or with a bath in deet next time.

Sunday, August 21, 2016

Great trails, interesting, lots of nice hills, lakes, bogs, narrow rocky paths-Very Difficult to find your way out, make sure you cell phone is charged!

Thursday, May 26, 2016

great trail with perfect tall trees for hot days, low traffic, bring bug spray

Monday, May 23, 2016

Love this trail for hiking and mountain biking. For hiking, it is awesome with lots of ups and downs and loose rock and roots (also why it is a challenging but fun mountain bike trail). I love the workout created by the short hills and being in the woods 90% of the time. It does get buggy. Also, there are horses and bikers sharing the trail.

Wednesday, May 18, 2016

This is not a hiking trail this is a serious mountain bike trail is not for beginners

Saturday, May 14, 2016

Great hiking trail! Challenging and very scenic!

Wednesday, May 04, 2016

If you don't mind hiking up and down and all around, then this place is a hidden gem for you! Super beautiful place

Tuesday, May 03, 2016

This trial is great for getting into mtn biking and just have a good day with the guys

Wednesday, March 23, 2016

Super raw

Sunday, March 20, 2016

Difficult trail. Great for hiking and biking. Not a lot of parking. No facilities on site.

Wednesday, January 20, 2016

Went right after a snow. Not a pleasing hike with up and down hills most of the way. It was a great workout, but not for enjoyment because of the slipping and sliding. I liked the quiet and making boot prints in the snow.

Sunday, November 29, 2015

Very hilly. Not very scenic in the early winter time but very good if you're looking for a workout. Trails were marked well but kept intersecting and overlapping each other so it was difficult to keep track of where you were. Definitely will try it again in the spring.m, especially now that I'm aware of the trail layout.

Sunday, November 15, 2015

The green trail is very narrow and had to wait for some bikes to passn It is also very hilly. It was a nice walk and the dogs loved it.

Saturday, November 07, 2015

One of the best MTB trails within driving distance of Chicago.

Wednesday, May 07, 2014

Felt like a kid again running all the ups, downs, twists and turns. Trails are not marked particularly well, but it's not very large so getting lost just means a bit of extra walking (or riding).

Sunday, December 08, 2013

I really love this place twice a week ive been coming.

Sunday, September 08, 2013

All I can say is WOW!!! This is a hidden jewel in the burbs of Chicago. I thought Palos was a fun place. This place is fun and challenging. A lot of tight steep turns, rocks, roots and trees. The is a place that you have to wear a helmet. When you want a workout this the place to go.

Sunday, September 01, 2013

Trail was nice for hiking. Had to use compass to navigate as trails not marked well. Overall nicely maintained. Suggest a staff since some trails had a few steep mounds. Mountain bikers courteous and friendly.

Thursday, August 01, 2013

Nice park. The trails are not marked very well. One mountain biker gave us hikers the stink eye. Trails are packed on top of each other in areas. Planning to return and figure out how to take the blue trail to the end of the property. Bug spray is a must.