Saw Wee Kee Trail

Saw Wee Kee Trail is a 5.8 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Yorkville, Illinois that offers scenic views and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from April until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

old growth

NOT an easy trail.. My dogs and I walked it however there is no way I would ride on it.. too many rocks and soft spots.

NOT for road biking. Large stones on down hill grades, areas of soft sand, trails unmarked. Great for adventurous mountain bikes, moderately agile hikers, but there is no way I would call this easy.

An easy trail if you stay on the main path but if you get on to some of the smaller trails that branch off of the main trail it can be quite difficult.

Not an easy hike. Make sure to look at a map before hiking, easy to get lost but it was a great work out and nice hills.

Warning for the newbie's, this trail is far from easy. Why it is marked easy I have no idea. There is a flat trail that kinda of circles around the real trail. If you are not going to use the entire trail why make the drive out there though. Great cardio workout for those so inclined, whether your biking, hiking, or running it. If your biking helmets are required.

I was excited to hike this trail because of the difficult rating... But was quickly disappointed when I got there. the only part that I found difficult was trying to figure out the markers. also, I would not feel safe to hike this when bikers are out. I went after it rained so there were no bikers around, but I can't imagine being able to duck away fast enough when a biker comes rushing downhill at you, or the bike to avoid you safely.