Rock Cut State Park

Rock Cut State Park is a 3.1 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Loves Park, Illinois and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from June until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

The running trails near Olson lake are very well maintained and a treat to run on. They can be confusing so I recomend running during cross country season when the trails are painted.

Love this park.

I love walking around the lake! It is always a great view and opens up frequently to get a fresh view of everything. A great park. Looking forward to camping there!

good trail, a little muddy.

The park is beautiful but the trails are lame. It's pretty much just a beaten' path that may or may not lead to a dead end. You will probably also get lost since there aren't any maps within the trail or directions of any kind. I have a great sense of direction and I still got lost.

Wednesday, October 05, 2016

First week of October hiking with a group of friends. We're all "city slickers",but really enjoy nature walks frequently.
I've hiked and done some exploring through Colorado, so I'm no stranger to traversing through nature!
This was a pleasant jaunt. We hiked about 5 miles out and a little off the track/trail. REALLY EASY trail, mostly flat with a few twists and turns.
Wear protection: light jacket, sunscreen, BUG SPRAY..as well as water, snacks and the like.
You'll enjoy!

Monday, October 03, 2016

love this park on

Monday, August 15, 2016

Our family really enjoys this state park:)
The lake is awesome- huge and a very long hike if you want to go around it.
The swimming beach is small but decently kept up.
The only reservation about the trails are some are poorly marked on the map and kinda overgrown. Bring a compass and friends. Other than that, still very peaceful and worth your time.

Friday, July 15, 2016

really beautiful walk in the woods and around the lake. lots of quiet picnic nooks along the way. I wish we had planned ahead and brought a basket!

Saturday, May 14, 2016

Nice hike along the lake. Somewhat easy.

Tuesday, October 08, 2013

Lived in area all my life. First time I rode here. Nice trails. Love the single track crossing the creek. Sweet. I'll be back, a lot more trails to ride. 18 miles today.

Monday, July 08, 2013

Is a nice place to go a lot of people discussing bathrooms personally will never go back again

Saturday, March 09, 2013

Very nice after the last snowfall . Only did part of the lake trail. Got to come back to explore the other areas.

Tuesday, August 28, 2012

did the hiking trail around the lake. parts of it are not marked well. But was a great hike.

Tuesday, August 07, 2012

nice hiking and fishing great family fun

Monday, July 02, 2012

some good tec stuff tons of dif trails to ride all the single paths are fun They even have some nice blacktop trails for people that like that . The park office don't have any good maps so download one off there web sight if u need a map

Saturday, June 16, 2012

We walked the trail around the lake, most areas were nice, but not recommended on a bike. very narrow and not easy to manover a bike through. trails could have been marked better.

Sunday, April 08, 2012

Awesome!

Monday, March 26, 2012

For Northern IL, this is a great hike/ride. Nice trails! even some challenges along the way. I really enjoyed my time here. Some nice open parts also. The only reason I didn't give it 5 stars is because your are right next to the high way at one point and that can be annoying to some people.

Monday, November 07, 2011

I think there are more than 10mi worth of trails at this park. There is a good mix of trails for both beginners and technical riders. Plus if you like to camp and kayak it is ideal. Yes excellent for Illinois.