Rock Cut State Park

Rock Cut State Park is a 3.1 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Loves Park, Illinois and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from June until October.

good trail, a little muddy.

The park is beautiful but the trails are lame. It's pretty much just a beaten' path that may or may not lead to a dead end. You will probably also get lost since there aren't any maps within the trail or directions of any kind. I have a great sense of direction and I still got lost.

First week of October hiking with a group of friends. We're all "city slickers",but really enjoy nature walks frequently.
I've hiked and done some exploring through Colorado, so I'm no stranger to traversing through nature!
This was a pleasant jaunt. We hiked about 5 miles out and a little off the track/trail. REALLY EASY trail, mostly flat with a few twists and turns.
Wear protection: light jacket, sunscreen, BUG SPRAY..as well as water, snacks and the like.
You'll enjoy!

love this park on

Our family really enjoys this state park:)
The lake is awesome- huge and a very long hike if you want to go around it.
The swimming beach is small but decently kept up.
The only reservation about the trails are some are poorly marked on the map and kinda overgrown. Bring a compass and friends. Other than that, still very peaceful and worth your time.

really beautiful walk in the woods and around the lake. lots of quiet picnic nooks along the way. I wish we had planned ahead and brought a basket!

Sunday, June 12, 2016

Sunday, May 15, 2016

Saturday, May 14, 2016

Nice hike along the lake. Somewhat easy.

Saturday, May 14, 2016