River to River Trail

River to River Trail is a 12 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Cobden, Illinois that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, camping, and mountain biking and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

cave

For the first two miles my trekking pole was used as a machete to clear the unbelievable amount of spider webs at eye level. This trail used to merge with an equestrian trail, and even though it no longer does, some signage and blazes have not been updated and are very misleading. The trail features amazing rock formations and plenty of other views.

My girlfriend and I decided on an impromptu hike on a Saturday afternoon in early December. We started at the trail head on Panthers Den Ln at approx. 3 pm. We were able to make it to the den where we found amazing rock formations and passage ways. I've lived in Southern Illinois all my life. These are some of the best and most unique rock formations in our beautiful area. We had to turn around after exploring the panthers den due to lack of daylight, but we will be back soon to continue on.

rock climbing
Wednesday, December 23, 2015

Got a tour from a friend of mine that works here and it was the most incredible hike and place
Wish I could live here

Tuesday, October 13, 2015

Camped here many times love this place!

Tuesday, July 05, 2016