River to River Trail

River to River Trail is a 11.7 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Cobden, Illinois that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

cave

If you were hiking this trail, it is nice except for the relentless bugs. This trail is completely unmaintained so expect very tall weeds, lots of sun exposure, lots of bugs. If you go in the winter however, the views are spectacular. It can be very muddy from time to time and this is primarily a horse trail so it will be very rough. I honestly would not mountain bike on it as there are many more fun trails to be had in the area.

I went here at camp ondessonk for an overnight camp. We swam in the lake-it can get very deep but watch out for fallen logs! Great jumping rocks too! Several places to swim here

Visited this trail on a nice Sunday morning. Trail was nicely marked and cleared. Gave 3 stars because we weren't able to find the rock structures and there were constant gun shots towards where the rocks were so we turned around and left.

Found a great cave on this trail

For the first two miles my trekking pole was used as a machete to clear the unbelievable amount of spider webs at eye level. This trail used to merge with an equestrian trail, and even though it no longer does, some signage and blazes have not been updated and are very misleading. The trail features amazing rock formations and plenty of other views.

Wednesday, December 28, 2016

My girlfriend and I decided on an impromptu hike on a Saturday afternoon in early December. We started at the trail head on Panthers Den Ln at approx. 3 pm. We were able to make it to the den where we found amazing rock formations and passage ways. I've lived in Southern Illinois all my life. These are some of the best and most unique rock formations in our beautiful area. We had to turn around after exploring the panthers den due to lack of daylight, but we will be back soon to continue on.

rock climbing
Wednesday, December 23, 2015

Got a tour from a friend of mine that works here and it was the most incredible hike and place
Wish I could live here

Tuesday, October 13, 2015

Camped here many times love this place!

Sunday, July 23, 2017