Pratts Wayne Woods Loop Trail

Pratts Wayne Woods Loop Trail is a 1 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Wayne, Illinois that features a lake and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, running, and bird watching and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 1.0 miles Elevation Gain: 3 feet Route Type: Loop

I came here to preview the trail tonight before scheduling a meetup. I had hoped to find a way to connect to a longer trail but unable to do so given shorter days. Still, I was happy to get 3 miles out of this walk. Part of it cuts thru camping areas. Nobody was there when I cut thru but later someone was and I turned around. To access my route: Horses also use this trail though we did not see any. I parked in the very first parking lot off of Powis road. I then followed the lake over an open grassy area. No trail per se here but its wide open grassy area with some widly spaced trees. I then picked up the main trail loop. Coming back I followed the forest road. Though not heavily forested there were enough trees to make it pleasant. Its not a big open prairie with no trees. Its nice. Though not one of my favorite trails I will schedule a short 2-3 mile weekday walk here. Very easy, crushed limestone or grass.

Not good for biking. Good for BBQ

Sun Apr 08 2018

I enjoy hiking here. I’ve had an issue with some creeps so, I reported to a park officer and now I go during higher usage times.

Sun Jul 09 2017

A pleasant stroll along the lake with a pretty view. Trail pathways are small gravel and easily identified; however there is a lack of signage or posted maps.

Wed Jun 22 2016

Gorgeous area for hiking, easy trails. I did some fishing up here and there is one main lake (where everyone fishes) that's good size, only shore fishing. If you go on the trails there at least 3 other ponds back there with a decent handful of spots for fishing off the shore. Even rocks to sit on and such. One had a TON of small bass in it, hope they grow up for next time :). I recommend!

Thu Jun 04 2015

Very easy trail, 1 1/2 miles of flat gravel.

Sun Jun 17 2018