Paul Douglas

Paul Douglas is a 7.4 mile loop trail located near Hoffman Estates, Illinois. The trail is good for all skill levels and primarily used for trail running and road biking.

Just like another reviewer has pointed out, this trail is prone to flooding out easily if there is any significant rainfall. So much so that I have stopped coming entirely. It sucks to make it 2/3 of the way around the trail and have to turn around and go back the way you came. It would be decent if not for this persistent problem

I've tried running this trail twice over the last month and both times the Southwest corner (more west than south) was under water. Looked to be 3-4 inches deep. And too long of a span to leap or high step without still soaking your feet. Hopefully it has dried up over this last sunny week. If you do go early morning, you'll see a handful of deer.

I run and bike this trail frequently. The West and South sections are the most interesting while the North section is exceptionally boring along Algonquin Rd. Minimal foot and bike traffic in mornings and at lunch during the week.

Not many walkers, and I can see why. This trail is much better for biking as the scenery is sparse--most of the trail is roadside which at a slow pace gets monotonous.

You can hear road sounds on this trail but the deer were beautiful

I've overlooked this preserve for many years because I thought it was just a bike trail. Today I had a short break from work and decided to explore the trail around the wetlands. Got to see many different species of water birds so I was very happy with that! Definitely will be going back to explore more when I have more time.

Wednesday, July 27, 2016

Tuesday, July 26, 2016

Sunday, July 10, 2016

Monday, May 16, 2016

Beautiful scenery if you get off the trail or walk the prarie trail through the fields.

Sunday, November 08, 2015

This trail was a nice trail. It was a short trail but allowed me to get in a short distance. I was going for 5 miles and ended up doing 6.