Palos Orange Trail

Palos Orange Trail is a 5.3 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Willow Springs, Illinois that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

We took the advice from previous reviews and hiked clockwise. Most of the mountain bikers were riding counter clockwise so it was much easier to see them. We passed a mountain bike clinic between markers 19 and 20, but they stopped everyone as soon as we walked up and let us hike through. The trail was well marked and had some elevation. There was a sign saying the trail is only open when dry and could see how it could get very muddy with some rain.

Super cool trail, really pretty...I loved it because it felt very secluded despite other people being there. I would definitely recommend hiking here!

Great place for a morning run. Went around 6:30 am and there were about a half dozen runners and no cyclists.

Nice hiking area, lots of trails to choose from, all the trails we were on provided lots of shade. Only downside is the trails seem to be most heavily used by mountain bikes and on occasion blind corners on a fairly skinny trail were somewhat dangerous, especially when hiking with my dog.

This was my first time to Palos and it's beautiful!! I will definitely be back! I took the fabulous advice of one reviewer who said to run the (orange) trail clockwise. Almost every bike came towards me which was a lot easier to see, and the end of the trail (when you're tired!) is easy in this direction. Heed advice about bug spray.

Great, other than certain hiking trails turn into biking trails without notice. Still, beautiful and not too crowded. Good elevation changes for the rea

Great trails. Something for all levels. Good for training.