Palos Orange Trail

Palos Orange Trail is a 5.3 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Willow Springs, Illinois that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Great trails. Something for all levels. Good for training.

Like many said, it is a very nice trail. Great trail to test some gear and burn calories.

I use the Palos trail system to keep in shape for more difficult trails . Strap your backpack on and hit the trails. You won't be disappointed with the multiple options the system provides.

We loved most of this hike - really scenic in the fall and actual hiking for Illinois, with steep parts. We had our dog on leash which was fun. The parts we didn't love were the parts next to the loud roads and a lot of bikers that you are constantly dodging on a very narrow trail. It wasn't too buggy and it was mostly dry. I would consider this entire loop difficult especially for an Illinois trail and wouldn't recommend it for children or large groups (except part of the trail north of the parking lot which is nice and wide).

I took the orange route - a bit buggy and some areas mushy/muddy after rain but beautiful sites and great for hiking! lots of small trails you have to share with bikers so be sure not to wear headphones. there's lots of hills so you'll be able to hear them coming before you see them.

Great trail and connected to so many other preserves/trails. I did many of the connecting trails... took that offshoot trail south and across 107th. Once you get to the cal-sag there's a decent amount of trash. Going further east there was more and spraypaint all over the trees/rocks. Still a beautiful, just different trail :P. Everything north of 107th starting from here is very well kept. I did not run most of it because it is very uneven or closed in. 5 stars for the trail marked tho.

I agree with the other people that I don't think this trail should be marked easy, wouldn't want someone going thinking they are taking an easy stroll thru the woods. Horseflies drove my poor dog crazy so we only did a couple miles. A lot of shade which was nice