Nelson Lake Loop

Nelson Lake Loop is a 4.4 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Batavia, Illinois that features a lake and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

wheelchair friendly

Very beautiful spot, however trails are poorly marked.

I've lived in the area my entire life and went down the road past this trail countless times, yet never even knew it existed. It's a beautiful spot, but it's so incredibly easy to end up on a different trail. I went with my mother and my dog and, while beautiful, I really didn't want to end up walking as many miles as I did trying to get back to the parking lot. Incredible spot, though!

i've been running here my entire life and i NEVER get sick of this place. it has been such a blessing to me and i have grown so much there as a runner. you can sometimes see snakes if you go on the path that leads to waubonsee, and you can see birds, chipmunks, muskrats, and deer! the leaves are lush in summer and gorgeous in fall! DEFINITELY come here! you wont regret it!

was a great day to head out and get some miles in before our trip to yellowstone - it is calming to look out and see some open space in the burbs!

Off the road and beaten path - a welcome change.

It was about 45 degrees today and the paths were wet and MUDDY! Wear good hiking boots... Paths are a mix of dirt, grass and rock. Overall, it was a nice, moderate difficulty hike.

Monday, September 19, 2016

Sunday, September 18, 2016

Very nice trail in prairie surroundings. We walked as a family with two kids and our dog. A perfect walk on a sunny Sunday in September.

Saturday, April 30, 2016

Nice walk through Illinois Prairie atmosphere. Quite with lots of birds, trees and Prairie flowers. About 4 miles over all.

Friday, October 30, 2015