Moraine Hills State Park Trail

Moraine Hills State Park Trail is a 6.3 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near McHenry, Illinois that features a lake. The trail is good for all skill levels offers a number of activity options. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

3.2 miles Leatherleaf Bog trail

Great unfettered hike. Easy terrain.

Nice walk. Varied terrain. Loop to McHenry Dam is my favorite

Went on a hike with the kids. Paved or gravel path. We'll bring bikes next time.

Great trails that are kept clean and taken care of.

Saturday, November 05, 2016

My favorite trail in area!

Good signage, 3 loops including dam offering variety of distances.

Every season is beautiful, check it out you won't be disappointed!

Sunday, July 10, 2016

Nice trail. Did 6-7 miles. Paved and crushed limestone. Not too many hills, and great for biking, walking. Not necessarily a "hike".

Sunday, July 10, 2016

Had a great time. We have two reactive dogs, but were able to go out on the Kettle Woods loop (3.74 miles) and did not encounter a single other dog. Walked past quite a few people and there were some creepy single men hanging around, if you catch my drift, but I almost feel like that happens at any park anymore. All in all a beautiful park!

Tuesday, July 01, 2014

I enjoyed walking in on the boardwalk! I have been here several times, although it has been several years since the last time i was there. Once I was there in spring and teeny frogs were hopping all across the trail!

Monday, March 24, 2014

I enjoy riding my bike here because the trails are wide and often paved. Much of the mileage is out in the open so a summer day can be a scorcher in the direct sun. Runners who prefer roads should be comfortable on these trails. Mostly wetland views.

Wednesday, August 22, 2012

This park is very nice. I didn't see very many birds but the scenery was beautiful

Friday, November 04, 2011

Easy going trail with some mild hills, consistent terrain, and nice scenery. You can also access McHenry Dam from this park.

Monday, October 31, 2011