Midlothian Meadows

Midlothian Meadows is a 2.6 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Midlothian, Illinois that features a great forest setting and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 2.6 miles Elevation Gain: 45 feet Route Type: Loop

wheelchair friendly

stroller friendly

paved

city walk

This is a pleasant enough family-friendly paved trail that I am comfortable enough to do during the day. I flew into Chicago-Midway and needed somewhere to walk off some energy. This paved loop fit the bill. I parked in the main parking area off Crawford Road. I will caution users to be situationally aware. I did see people sitting in the cars and watching others. The parking area loops around in the center of the preserve, with several picnic areas. These cars were parked perpendicular to the others. Nothing was budding yet when I walked through, but frogs and red-wing blackbirds were loud. Lots of wetland birds in the trees, especially on the north end of the preserve. I am sure this is a lovely spot in the spring. Just remember: Lock up your valuables!!!

Wednesday, August 29, 2018

This trail is close to my house so it is convenient as well as safe. There is one or two small uphill/downhill spots but the rest is flat and paved. It is a nice trail, but the Tinley Park Forest Preserve trail is far better.

Thursday, July 26, 2018

Lots of broken sections in pavement, feces and bugs. But some decent views in certain spots

Saturday, July 21, 2018

Nice small loop trail. Not too bad.

Thursday, May 10, 2018

I would’ve given it 5 stars, it’s a pleasant and moderate trek. The issue was when I got back to my car parked off of Pulaski Road. Someone decided to smash in windows and take things out of cars, I was fortunate. However, I felt so bad for those who just wanted to get out and enjoy a warmup this season. Be warned that lurkers are watching when you leave your vehicle, don’t leave any valuables inside. I called 911 and hopefully they catch those responsible.

Saturday, April 01, 2017

We went out on a warm February afternoon. Nicely located as part of the Cook County Forest Preserve, the Midlothian Meadows loop walks you through a level trail into the forest preserve, with numerous shelters and places for picnicking in Chicago's southern suburbs

Saturday, January 27, 2018