Maple Lake

Maple Lake is a 9.2 mile loop trail located near Willowbrook, Illinois and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, and mountain biking and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

I'm new to the photography world. So I go to random trails, I literally fell in love with this one, it's very beautiful.

Good trail, however the trail gets extremely narrow at many points. This becomes a problem due to the frequent mountain bikers that pass by. It almost felt like hikers were unwelcome. I would avoid bringing children or elderly people on this trail. The constant leaping out of the way could cause issues.

7/02/17 We put-in @ the parking lot near 95th and Wolf Rd. Follow the app closely if you want the full 9.2 mile hike (lots of turns that are easy misses). At around the 7 mile mark from our put-in we came to a parking lot. In this area there is a small single track turn off from a wide white gravel road that the app shows you to take, but the singletrack is grown over to the point where it is un-walkable. At that point we had already completed over 7 miles, my phone was almost dead and there was no obvious alternate route, so we called it a day and walked what was a straight shot up the park road back to our car. The app map needs to be updated or someone needs to blaze the overgrown trail.
Overall:
Trail was lightly used mostly by mountain bikers who where all very courteous using proper Trail etiquette when passing head on or behind.

For hikers the Trail is moderately easy but for mountain bikers I would rate the 9.2 mile Trail as advanced.

Great scenery

Fun trails, a great workout, although some muddy areas.