Maple Lake

Maple Lake is a 9 mile loop trail located near Willowbrook, Illinois and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, and mountain biking and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

by far my favorite running trail in the area!

I'm new to the photography world. So I go to random trails, I literally fell in love with this one, it's very beautiful.

Good trail, however the trail gets extremely narrow at many points. This becomes a problem due to the frequent mountain bikers that pass by. It almost felt like hikers were unwelcome. I would avoid bringing children or elderly people on this trail. The constant leaping out of the way could cause issues.

7/02/17 We put-in @ the parking lot near 95th and Wolf Rd. Follow the app closely if you want the full 9.2 mile hike (lots of turns that are easy misses). At around the 7 mile mark from our put-in we came to a parking lot. In this area there is a small single track turn off from a wide white gravel road that the app shows you to take, but the singletrack is grown over to the point where it is un-walkable. At that point we had already completed over 7 miles, my phone was almost dead and there was no obvious alternate route, so we called it a day and walked what was a straight shot up the park road back to our car. The app map needs to be updated or someone needs to blaze the overgrown trail.
Overall:
Trail was lightly used mostly by mountain bikers who where all very courteous using proper Trail etiquette when passing head on or behind.

For hikers the Trail is moderately easy but for mountain bikers I would rate the 9.2 mile Trail as advanced.

Saturday, June 17, 2017

Great scenery

Sunday, April 16, 2017

Fun trails, a great workout, although some muddy areas.

Sunday, March 19, 2017

Nice trails. Well marked.

Saturday, December 03, 2016

Challenging fun.

Monday, November 21, 2016

My absolute favorite place! Can't wait to camp one night at Bullfrog!

Sunday, October 30, 2016

Great trails. Really beautiful in the fall. However, lots of mountain bike traffic, so be on the lookout. Also, some of the trails abruptly end and you're forced to walk alongside a street. This would be a four or five star series of trails for mountain biking, but not so much for hiking.

Sunday, July 17, 2016

Pretty good. Liked the natural trails with some elevation changes, which was exactly what we were looking for. The trails were a bit hard to follow because you keep crossing roads. At one point I got a bit nervous because we had to walk a 1/4 mile on the road and we had our kids with us. The trails are popular for bikers so you have to keep an eye out and be ready to jump out of the way. We hiked the yellow trail 3 miles around the lake.

Sunday, June 26, 2016

awesome

Sunday, September 13, 2015

Well maintained trails

great place to hike or mountain bike!

Wednesday, July 01, 2015

This is the best place to go mountain biking lots of hill up and down muddy roads you named you can truly get lost every time I go I sped about 3 to 4 r recommend to take sum tools food and lots of water

Sunday, February 09, 2014

This is the best natural-surface trail system in the Chicagoland area, without a doubt. Built and maintained thanks to the Cook County Forest Preserve District and thousands of volunteer hours from the Chicago Area Mountain Bikers (CAMBr), this trail system sits within 14,000 acres of hilly, wooded terrain. Considering the fact that this is the Midwest (i.e. no mountains), and Cook County is the second most populous county in the nation, this is a great mountain biking/hiking/xc ski destination. The trail map on this site includes a good chunk of the available legal trails, but there is far more to discover here. I suggest downloading a trail map from CAMBr's website to get started: http://cambr.org/SMF/index.php?topic=359.0
Look out for interesting features such as the site of the world's first nuclear reactor - buried underground now and marked with commemorative stones. Best place to park is the mountain bike staging area at Maple Lake East parking lot (95th Street, 1/2 mile west of 104th Ave). This parking lot is right next to the "yellow" singletrack, as well as the Cemetary Hill trail. Please only use the trails when dry or frozen solid. One other word of caution - because its so close to Chicago, this area can get busy, especially on weekends in the spring, summer and fall. Consider riding early in the morning or during the week for the best experience.

Saturday, June 17, 2017