Magnificent Mile and Navy Pier - Chicago

Magnificent Mile and Navy Pier - Chicago is a 2.1 mile heavily trafficked point-to-point trail located near Chicago, Illinois that features a lake and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking and walking and is accessible year-round.

2.1 miles 22 feet Point to Point

wheelchair friendly

A nice walk in downtown, people, buildings

Another good urban trail, love walking in the city

Great walk in the city. Lots to see and do! Love the pier

It was a crowded summer day when we walked this one but was a good walk. Plenty to see and some great views of Chicago architecture.

I started from Lincoln Park, walked the Magnificent Mile to the Navy Pier and then followed the lake shore trail all the way back to the Field Museum. The scenery was wonderful.

Best way to see Downtown Chicago is by walking through it. Recently I visited the Field Museum and I wanted to explore Downtown Chicago. So I followed the Columbus and walked toward Downtown, around the Millenium Park, I turned to the River Walk, and then back to the Michigan Ave. Finally I arrived at the Lincoln Park. The walk was nice and it allowed me to see the Chicago at the street level.

Nice little walk through Chicago, can't really call it a trail though.

You can ramble about the Loop downtown area, but the best walk is one led by a docent from the Chicago Architectural Foundation. They even lead tours from river boats. The city itself is a museum of various excellent styles of styles.

I miss Navy Pier. It is a fake, but great, ocean view with sail boats, yachts, lighthouses, crashing waves, and an eclectic mix of people.

I agree with other reviewers that is not really a "trail" in a hiking sense but walking in this part of Chicago is interesting and worth the walk.

Great views, easy walk.