Lake Katherine Trail

Lake Katherine Trail is a 1 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Palos Heights, Illinois that offers the chance to see wildlife. The trail is rated as moderate and primarily used for hiking, walking, trail running, and birding. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Very peaceful at 8am

Great place to see water fowl and to bird. The walk is easy but getting the kids out of the nature center is not. The gardens are lovely to behold. We never get tired of coming here!

It's beautiful. Love the waterfall:)

Beautiful walk around the lake; we saw turtles, geese, ducks, fish....my only gripe is that this is NOT moderate. It's very easy - groomed trail and benches every 50 feet or so.

It's a small loop trail but nonetheless very scenic and even more beautiful in fall. My aunt used to take me on this trail a lot as a kid.

It offers a botanical garden and nature center along with an area to rehydrate. Fun things to take photos of and a children's area. Plenty of benches if you would like to sit and enjoy the nature around you.

Monday, August 15, 2016

This was a really beautiful trail and great to walk around. Nice wide trail (I took my dog with) so passing other dogs we weren't on top of each other. NOT for off leash! There are tons of people and dogs walking the trail. It is short, only a mile, so we took two laps. It's great for a quick beautiful trip!

Monday, July 04, 2016