Lake Katherine Trail

Lake Katherine Trail is a 1 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Palos Heights, Illinois that offers the chance to see wildlife. The trail is rated as moderate and primarily used for hiking, walking, trail running, and birding. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Love it. Especially the herb garden in the summer.

Very peaceful at 8am

Great place to see water fowl and to bird. The walk is easy but getting the kids out of the nature center is not. The gardens are lovely to behold. We never get tired of coming here!

It's beautiful. Love the waterfall:)

Beautiful walk around the lake; we saw turtles, geese, ducks, fish....my only gripe is that this is NOT moderate. It's very easy - groomed trail and benches every 50 feet or so.

Wednesday, November 23, 2016

It's a small loop trail but nonetheless very scenic and even more beautiful in fall. My aunt used to take me on this trail a lot as a kid.

It offers a botanical garden and nature center along with an area to rehydrate. Fun things to take photos of and a children's area. Plenty of benches if you would like to sit and enjoy the nature around you.

Monday, August 15, 2016

This was a really beautiful trail and great to walk around. Nice wide trail (I took my dog with) so passing other dogs we weren't on top of each other. NOT for off leash! There are tons of people and dogs walking the trail. It is short, only a mile, so we took two laps. It's great for a quick beautiful trip!

Saturday, April 23, 2016

Beautiful place

Tuesday, March 22, 2016

Very nicely kept trail with great attempts to maintain nature preserves for birds and wildlife. They had a lot of man-made mini parks that were nice to stroll through as well. Overall, it was a beautiful park.

Although I was able to take my dog, it would not be a location to let him off the leash based on how many other people and dogs were there even just to go into the water.

It was an easy walk without challenging obstacles. It'd be a great loop to jog at or ride a bike if that is allowed.

Friday, February 26, 2016

Very comfortable walking trail for all ages

Thursday, December 31, 2015

With the warm weather on Christmas Eve, what better day to go for a walk on a new, short trail. The Lake Katherine loop was great. I'd like to get back out and try snow shoeing later this winter and canoeing there this summer.

Sunday, November 22, 2015

This place is beautiful!!

Sunday, September 27, 2015

nice waterfall and lake. where is the 4 mile trail? only could find the one mile. no maps to tell you where it is.

Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Beautiful area for sure and stroller friendly as well just so the parents know!!!

Saturday, July 11, 2015

Very simple and peaceful trail

Sunday, July 05, 2015

Beautiful. Easy hike. Great for photo ops. Very clean.

Tuesday, June 02, 2015

I just found this place and I'm a big fan! clean and beautiful. I need to come back to check out those bike trails!!

Monday, August 11, 2014

Very easy trail....flat, no inclines, no fuss. The trail path is covered in mulch. There are lots of interesting sites to see around the lake. Butterfly gardens, herb gardens, identified trees, lots of benches, (and the day we went) 3 wedding parties taking photographs. Enjoyable easy walk around the lake. Very dog and children friendly.

Saturday, June 14, 2014

The path around the lake is just under 1 mile. It's cute, but short. Lots of garbage cans and recycling bins, so there's that.

Sunday, September 23, 2012

Not bad, little too manicured to be a trail though. It was a lot of fun to walk though. I'd go back again.