Lake Katherine Trail

Lake Katherine Trail is a 1 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Palos Heights, Illinois that offers the chance to see wildlife. The trail is rated as moderate and primarily used for hiking, walking, trail running, and birding. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Great place to see water fowl and to bird. The walk is easy but getting the kids out of the nature center is not. The gardens are lovely to behold. We never get tired of coming here!

It's beautiful. Love the waterfall:)

Beautiful walk around the lake; we saw turtles, geese, ducks, fish....my only gripe is that this is NOT moderate. It's very easy - groomed trail and benches every 50 feet or so.

It's a small loop trail but nonetheless very scenic and even more beautiful in fall. My aunt used to take me on this trail a lot as a kid.

It offers a botanical garden and nature center along with an area to rehydrate. Fun things to take photos of and a children's area. Plenty of benches if you would like to sit and enjoy the nature around you.

Monday, August 15, 2016

This was a really beautiful trail and great to walk around. Nice wide trail (I took my dog with) so passing other dogs we weren't on top of each other. NOT for off leash! There are tons of people and dogs walking the trail. It is short, only a mile, so we took two laps. It's great for a quick beautiful trip!

Monday, July 04, 2016

Friday, June 24, 2016

Monday, May 23, 2016

Saturday, April 23, 2016

Beautiful place

Tuesday, March 22, 2016

Very nicely kept trail with great attempts to maintain nature preserves for birds and wildlife. They had a lot of man-made mini parks that were nice to stroll through as well. Overall, it was a beautiful park.

Although I was able to take my dog, it would not be a location to let him off the leash based on how many other people and dogs were there even just to go into the water.

It was an easy walk without challenging obstacles. It'd be a great loop to jog at or ride a bike if that is allowed.