Kankakee River Trail

Kankakee River Trail is a 10.6 mile lightly trafficked point-to-point trail located near Wilmington, Illinois that features a river and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from April until December. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Point to Point

I love this beautiful scenic trail and it's fast!

nice wooded path, great for light cyclocross or MTB. some loam on some areas but a nice easy ride. i rum it with a SS 24" DJ no problem my park tires were fine if you look out for wash out.

I don't think I would have rated as moderate, seems better suited for a biking trail. It was a nice walk with some short trails that brought you to a couple of overlooks.

Hiked 11 miles, started the timer a little late. Did a little stopping and exploring. Overall it wasn't too bad, ok for hiking. I prefer a little more sites to see along the way.it was a gravel and some pavement trail A little bit in the woods.would be a Great trail for biking or running.

There is so much to do at the K3 State Park! Everything from hiking, biking, hunting, fishing, you name it. Some of the best trails are the ones made for hunters. Do not go on these trails during hunting season though as they are clearly posted to stay on paved trail only!! I hiked many trails and well just through the woods to get to hunting spots and it is very beautiful here. Trails are fairly easy as I bring my daughter with me and she loves it. Some areas to get down to the river on the Will county side can be a bit tricky if your carrying fishing gear or have young ones. Not crowded at all and very nice area. I got almost 3-4 times a month from April til December and then maybe 2 times a month in the winter.

Sunday, August 28, 2016

very easy trail to hike, nice views, 11.5 miles of walking trails.

Sunday, August 21, 2016

Love this trail. River has overflowed and trail underwater 4 miles from Western end.

Saturday, August 13, 2016

I got about 3 miles out from Davis Creek (the southern start/end) and it was kind of a boring run/hike. No real views of the river. Then i got back to the car and went to the actual Kankakee River state park. That's were things get amazing. Great views, great trail, tons of parking, outlooks, bridges, fishing, exploring. Great time.

Monday, June 06, 2016

Quiet. Seems like it would be great for biking too.

Saturday, March 19, 2016

Quiet. Peaceful. Not crowded, very beautiful.

Tuesday, September 15, 2015

It's great for stroller friendly kids. Not a lot of people around so you aren't bombarded with crowds. Nice and peaceful. I've only gone on the bike track and walked down to water with my daughter in a couple of places that weren't to difficult. I haven't gone yet without my child but I've heard there is lots more to do!!

Sunday, April 12, 2015

great for getting lost into the woods if you need alone time. there is hardly ever anyone around to bother you. other than the place being understaffed this is a great place for hiking. I crossed paths with many deer and other wild life.

Friday, February 08, 2013

This trail is actually 10 miles long. The 4.8 mile is actually along the river. The trail continues past the campground and continues thru a mile or two. The trail can be used also for biking.

Saturday, July 09, 2011

Nice location, but park is kind of run down. No bike or canoe rentals or food in the park.