I&M Canal Trail Channahon to Ottawa

I&M Canal Trail Channahon to Ottawa is a 36.6 mile moderately trafficked point-to-point trail located near Channahon, Illinois that features a river and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until October.

Point to Point

Nice trail to put in some miles, but not a lot of scenery. We saw a few water birds. Flat and a lot of sun.

We went on a chilly day in November. It was beautiful and so peaceful. We saw 2 huge herons in the water.

Saturday, June 18, 2016

Wednesday, May 11, 2016

I actually started at Brandon road in Rockdale, just outside Joliet. Trail is 47 miles to Ottawa. Excellent hike on a well maintained trail. There is a major detour in Morris due to a washout that has the trail closed. Requires hiking on city streets/sidewalks to get to Gebhard Woods state park where you pick the trail back up. The section just outside Channahon along the Dupage river is especially nice as it almost feels like walking on an island with the river on one side and the canal on the other. Once you approach Morris the canal is mostly dry as you head west. I will certainly return to finish the remaining 15.7 miles to Peru.

Sunday, May 08, 2016

Friday, March 25, 2016

Friday, March 25, 2016

Thursday, July 30, 2015

Monday, June 15, 2015

Great trail with great company ♡

Thursday, June 13, 2013

Maintained very well. I was looking for a fairly easy walk to get in shape for the summer, this fit the bill. Weather was perfect. If you need to you can add to the distance by starting or finishing further along the I & M Canal pathway. Everything was very green!

Friday, May 31, 2013