Farmdale Recreation Area Trail

Farmdale Recreation Area Trail is a 7.2 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Washington, Illinois that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from April until November. Dogs and horses are also able to use this trail.

Great hiking trails

Not well marked so I ended up walking more like 9 miles and had to use my phone half the time to figure out GPS...otherwise it's nice. Lots of creeks.

Love the trails but the number of dogs running freely has caused it to be low on my list of places to go. One dog bite did it for me.

A terrific place for all levels. My son likes the technical area with the jumps.

The trails aren't marked as well as I'd like. Personally, I think it's pretty easy to get lost. None of the signage points you toward the main trailhead/parking area.

first time out there, didn't take enough water and had to hop off short of a full go round! I will go back in a few weeks better prepared!

My horses have a blast. Good terrain changes.

Excellent trail system shared with off-road cyclists and horses. Trails are in good condition. Not many trail markers so I stayed on the established trails used by the cyclists. Beautiful blend of woods, fields, and streams (FYI, you may have some stream crossings).

Very beautiful trails. Mostly ment for Mountain biking​ and Horse back riding, but you can still hike them. There are some streams to cross, nothing major tho. Best to hike on a dry day.

Sunday, November 13, 2016

Wednesday, October 05, 2016

mosquitoes were really bad when i went but the trails were pretty good.

Sunday, September 11, 2016