Farmdale Recreation Area Trail

Farmdale Recreation Area Trail is a 7.2 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Washington, Illinois that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from April until November. Dogs and horses are also able to use this trail.

Great trail. it's hard to stay on track and do the full 7 miles. I think we managed to get 4 in today. Shared use for bikes, horses and hikers and dogs can run off leash. There's not many places to get outside but this is a great place to go in Central Illinois.

Great hiking trails

Not well marked so I ended up walking more like 9 miles and had to use my phone half the time to figure out GPS...otherwise it's nice. Lots of creeks.

Love the trails but the number of dogs running freely has caused it to be low on my list of places to go. One dog bite did it for me.

A terrific place for all levels. My son likes the technical area with the jumps.

The trails aren't marked as well as I'd like. Personally, I think it's pretty easy to get lost. None of the signage points you toward the main trailhead/parking area.

first time out there, didn't take enough water and had to hop off short of a full go round! I will go back in a few weeks better prepared!

My horses have a blast. Good terrain changes.

Excellent trail system shared with off-road cyclists and horses. Trails are in good condition. Not many trail markers so I stayed on the established trails used by the cyclists. Beautiful blend of woods, fields, and streams (FYI, you may have some stream crossings).

Very beautiful trails. Mostly ment for Mountain biking​ and Horse back riding, but you can still hike them. There are some streams to cross, nothing major tho. Best to hike on a dry day.

Wednesday, October 05, 2016

mosquitoes were really bad when i went but the trails were pretty good.

Sunday, August 28, 2016

Went there once, about 2 years ago and have never gone back. We got lost, trail markers were terrible. Would have wondered for hours if some guys hadn't of told us how to get out. I know it is a favorite, but be careful.

Saturday, May 21, 2016

After living in Peoria for many years and being an avid hiker, I just recently discovered Farmdale. It is beautiful out there! My husband and I go frequently with our dog and there are many trails of varying lengths and difficulties to hike. You can even walk along the creek bed and our dog can wade in when the weather's hot.

Monday, March 28, 2016

My favorite area to go mountain biking in mid Illinois

Friday, March 11, 2016

Really pretty scenery even in winter. Went with a group of seasoned runners who knew where they were going. Would've been lost without a guide. Will definitely go again.

Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Alot of different trails based on ability. sometimes difficult to find your way back to the trail head. Super fun part of park with jumps and obstacles near trail head.

Monday, September 02, 2013

Good for mountain biking!

Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Farmdale is a wonderful adventure. Well marked, well traveled, and never crowded (except on those crazy Cub Scout days). Has some awesome hills, for the intermediate cyclist. Lots of fun!

Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Trails were great for the race on the 23rd.

Tuesday, April 10, 2012

A good variety of challenging trails for bikers winding through both canopied and tranquil wooded areas. Some family-friendly roads and gentle inclines, and lots of single-track winding through the hillside for the more adventurous. It would be a challenge for an average rider to explore the entire site in a single day. The trails are marked for "allowed usage" and difficulty, but not for direction. I didn't see any "This way back to the trailhead" signs. Pay attention to the map and give yourself plenty of time before sunset in case you get lost. Better yet, take your iPhone or GPS. I sure was glad I had mine!

Friday, December 23, 2011

This is a fun ride through the woods. Deer bed next to the trail so lookout. My 3 year old also enjoys hiking here.