Farmdale Recreation Area Trail

Farmdale Recreation Area Trail is a 7.2 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Washington, Illinois that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from April until November. Dogs and horses are also able to use this trail.

mosquitoes were really bad when i went but the trails were pretty good.

Went there once, about 2 years ago and have never gone back. We got lost, trail markers were terrible. Would have wondered for hours if some guys hadn't of told us how to get out. I know it is a favorite, but be careful.

After living in Peoria for many years and being an avid hiker, I just recently discovered Farmdale. It is beautiful out there! My husband and I go frequently with our dog and there are many trails of varying lengths and difficulties to hike. You can even walk along the creek bed and our dog can wade in when the weather's hot.

My favorite area to go mountain biking in mid Illinois

Really pretty scenery even in winter. Went with a group of seasoned runners who knew where they were going. Would've been lost without a guide. Will definitely go again.

Alot of different trails based on ability. sometimes difficult to find your way back to the trail head. Super fun part of park with jumps and obstacles near trail head.