Farmdale Recreation Area Trail

Farmdale Recreation Area Trail is a 7.2 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Washington, Illinois that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from April until November. Dogs and horses are also able to use this trail.

My horses have a blast. Good terrain changes.

Excellent trail system shared with off-road cyclists and horses. Trails are in good condition. Not many trail markers so I stayed on the established trails used by the cyclists. Beautiful blend of woods, fields, and streams (FYI, you may have some stream crossings).

Very beautiful trails. Mostly ment for Mountain biking​ and Horse back riding, but you can still hike them. There are some streams to cross, nothing major tho. Best to hike on a dry day.

mosquitoes were really bad when i went but the trails were pretty good.

Went there once, about 2 years ago and have never gone back. We got lost, trail markers were terrible. Would have wondered for hours if some guys hadn't of told us how to get out. I know it is a favorite, but be careful.

Tuesday, June 28, 2016

Saturday, May 21, 2016

After living in Peoria for many years and being an avid hiker, I just recently discovered Farmdale. It is beautiful out there! My husband and I go frequently with our dog and there are many trails of varying lengths and difficulties to hike. You can even walk along the creek bed and our dog can wade in when the weather's hot.

Sunday, April 24, 2016

Friday, April 15, 2016

Monday, March 28, 2016

My favorite area to go mountain biking in mid Illinois