Crabtree Nature Center Trails

Crabtree Nature Center Trails is a 3 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Barrington, Illinois that features a lake and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, birding, and snowshoeing and is accessible year-round.

not worth it at this time,may 2017. although it's nice to hear all the birds chirping and the sounds of nature, the trail went from grass and,almost invisible and didn't know from time to time if you still were on a trail to extremely muddy and,big branches and tree trunks blocking the so called path. a number of sections where all the trees had to be cut down,probably for a good reason but very unappealing and sloppy looking to hike through. came back with my hiking boots extremely muddy. in my opinion, very little here is being taken care of,sad.

Great hike through various habitats.

great for watching local wildlife. a nice quiet walk in the woods!

Great fall colors and tall grasses. Nice visitor center with a lot of taxidermy. They also have binoculars you can borrow but I suggest you bring your own.

Easy hiking trails. Great scenery. Lots of wildlife, especially for bird watchers.

This is one of my favorite places. I've been coming here for years for nature walks and to bird watch.

Monday, July 25, 2016

We did the Bur Edge trail out from the nature center. An easy trail with the kids through the woods and prairie. Saw egrets, frogs, and birds. The kids nature play area was neat. Very hot and there were extended periods without shade. Enjoyed the exhibits at the nature center as well.

Monday, July 18, 2016

just a heads up, there are no pets allowed! but there's a bike path across the street that they offer as an alternative. very peaceful

Monday, July 04, 2016

We lived near her for seven years and never knew about this place. Great family hiking! Nature center has live animals and check the hawk/owl/vulture exhibits a bit down the trail from the center. The kid area seems overgrown and path need to be widened for us to fully enjoy the experience. Overall, great place!

Monday, July 04, 2016

Awesome! Great preserve

Saturday, May 28, 2016

Sunday, April 24, 2016

Great place for family with kids! Beautiful and well maintained.

Saturday, April 09, 2016

Monday, March 28, 2016

This trail is probably nice but it doesn't allow dogs. Why would I want to hike without my dog? The park employee rushed at us like we were criminals and told us we were not welcome with our dog. Lame!

Saturday, March 26, 2016