Carpenter Park

Carpenter Park is a 11.4 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Springfield, Illinois that features a river and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, and birding and is best used from April until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

It was nice, mostly shaded, almost completely flat, and wide enough in most places that two people could walk side-by-side. I did run into some poison ivy growing in the trail. I wish the trail had been marked, or that there had been a map displayed somewhere at least, but I couldn't find one. Not too exciting, but not a bad place to spend an afternoon wandering.

The trash left out there is really disgraceful. If you PACK it in PACK it out! Your mother is not out here cleaning up after you.

It's a beatiful, peaceful and quite trail. We recommend this trail for a romantic hand held experience

Saturday, October 15, 2016

Quiet. Serene. Peaceful.

Saturday, May 21, 2016

Great! Slightly muddy in some spots. I would not classify the trails as difficult. No steep inclines that I encountered at least. I explored 3 of the trails in less than an hour. I would have stayed longer but it was getting dark.

Sunday, May 08, 2016

not a bad hike it a little muddy/slippery on the paths but it has been raining.