Busse Woods Loop Trail is a 7.2 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Elk Grove Village, Illinois that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

scenic driving

partially paved

I live across the street from Busse Woods. Little crowded, specially on Sundays, but absolutely beautiful!!!
Will always recommend this one!!!

I grew up in the woods of Florida. I've travelled since, and wound up living in the city. Chicago is great. But instead of hating the suburbs when I moved out here to Arlington Heights, I've loved it. Largely thanks to amazing wooded trails like this one. There's pockets of shade here or there, and some segments of the trail definitely offer more than others. But there's tons of wildflowers, sweeping views, water, facilities all along the way. The trail is correctly rated as easy. There are a few sections with mild incline/decline, but mostly flat and easy to run or walk. And all along the way, it's beautiful. I highly recommend this trail to anyone nearby.

This is a well kept park ideal for bikes. My 7 year old and I stayed on the North side. There are some elevation changes, and a couple of bridges. In the city, a nice wooded getaway.

Fun kayaking

nice paved trail for biking. light traffic for a sunday afternoon.

First time there. Travelled RED coarse 3 times. Nice trail. It was a little busy to my liking for a Thursday morning. I Actually saw an Elk 10 feet from the trail. Will return

Flat paved, good for biking or exercise, not really a hiking road

will do it again. busy but well maintained. easy to follow

Fairly crowded with bikes and a lot of dogs. Well maintained path, Long enough for serious race training runs.

Very nice bike and hike trail. Great for cross country skiing. Depending on the snow of course.

Great loop trail. Takes about 2 hours to walk.

Great bike path. I ride here every day. Gets crowded during the weekends after 8am.

In summer mode months this trail is super busy, fast bikers make it a bit scary for hikers, do not suggest for small kids unless in a stroller. Lately, Saturday’s there have been scheduled 5k and even a half marathon going on on this trail, no signs posted anywhere, trail is always open, so my husband and I ended in the middle of a huge herd of runners half way through the loop, which made our walk very uneasy. We love biking here as well, but you should get here early in the morning to beat the rush of people.

Too weird. Didn’t finish all. However it’s a good trip. Will give it a second try to make a round trip.

The scenery is cool but all pavement trails. More a race bike trail than anything else. I have enjoyed it.

great

Monday, October 02, 2017

very busy trail at times ...

Saturday, August 26, 2017

I come here a lot since it's close to my house. Heavily trafficked, especially on the weekends by charity run/walk events and such. I would avoid it on the weekends if you want to run in peace unless it's very early in the AM. Couple of formerly flooded patches of the trail have crazy amounts of mosquitoes, so be sure to bring some repellent.

Monday, July 31, 2017

Easy paved pathway with very little shade and heavily trafficked. There are plenty of parking areas and restrooms along the path and on the upside you can get a close look at few captive elk, which is nice.

Saturday, June 24, 2017

I ride a mountain bike but there are no trails for mountain biking. I thoroughly enjoy riding the trails here but the first time I did I had ridden about 10 miles to get there and almost rode the loop a full 2nd time because I missed my turn off to head back the 10 miles.

Saturday, June 24, 2017

love to walk my dog here. We walk a couple of miles several times a week and she enjoys walking along the lakes best so she sniff out small critters (she is a terrier). We usually don't need to hit the same areas for over a week since there are so many parking lots, trails and open areas for her to explore.

Friday, May 19, 2017

It would be better if there are more benches on the route and if the public toilets would not be opened only between April and October

Thursday, May 18, 2017

neighborhood jewel. been coming here ever since i was a kid.

Monday, February 20, 2017

We will be doing this again in the summer.

Saturday, February 11, 2017

Wide trail for runners, walkers, bikes, strollers, etc. The earlier in the day you go the friendlier the people are. Love stopping by the elk

Saturday, November 05, 2016

Had a nice group outing here. We did the full 7 mile loop trail. Some wonderful fall colors and lake view. Trail is paved so more of a walk than a hike. Very busy constantly moving out of the way of bikers. Sounds of traffic and airplanes never leave you for the span of the trail so not much peace and quiet. The lake views are lovely and it was an overall nice experience.

Monday, October 24, 2016

Great run

Friday, August 12, 2016

Love the views from this paved (and often overcrowded) trail.

Sunday, August 07, 2016

Glass-half-empty people will complain that it's crowded, but on the positive side, Busse Woods is one of the best places to people watch the various cultures that live in the area. The eastern Europeans often inspire me because I regularly see people old enough to be my parents, but who are rollerblading or biking faster than me.