Busse Woods Loop Trail

Busse Woods Loop Trail is a 7.3 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Elk Grove Village, Illinois that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

scenic driving

very busy trail at times ...

I come here a lot since it's close to my house. Heavily trafficked, especially on the weekends by charity run/walk events and such. I would avoid it on the weekends if you want to run in peace unless it's very early in the AM. Couple of formerly flooded patches of the trail have crazy amounts of mosquitoes, so be sure to bring some repellent.

Easy paved pathway with very little shade and heavily trafficked. There are plenty of parking areas and restrooms along the path and on the upside you can get a close look at few captive elk, which is nice.

I ride a mountain bike but there are no trails for mountain biking. I thoroughly enjoy riding the trails here but the first time I did I had ridden about 10 miles to get there and almost rode the loop a full 2nd time because I missed my turn off to head back the 10 miles.

love to walk my dog here. We walk a couple of miles several times a week and she enjoys walking along the lakes best so she sniff out small critters (she is a terrier). We usually don't need to hit the same areas for over a week since there are so many parking lots, trails and open areas for her to explore.

It would be better if there are more benches on the route and if the public toilets would not be opened only between April and October

neighborhood jewel. been coming here ever since i was a kid.

We will be doing this again in the summer.

Wide trail for runners, walkers, bikes, strollers, etc. The earlier in the day you go the friendlier the people are. Love stopping by the elk

Saturday, November 05, 2016

Had a nice group outing here. We did the full 7 mile loop trail. Some wonderful fall colors and lake view. Trail is paved so more of a walk than a hike. Very busy constantly moving out of the way of bikers. Sounds of traffic and airplanes never leave you for the span of the trail so not much peace and quiet. The lake views are lovely and it was an overall nice experience.

Monday, October 24, 2016

Great run

Friday, August 12, 2016

Love the views from this paved (and often overcrowded) trail.

Sunday, August 07, 2016

Glass-half-empty people will complain that it's crowded, but on the positive side, Busse Woods is one of the best places to people watch the various cultures that live in the area. The eastern Europeans often inspire me because I regularly see people old enough to be my parents, but who are rollerblading or biking faster than me.

Thursday, June 02, 2016

Fun because it's close but it is basic and crowded.

Friday, May 27, 2016

Super easy, flat. Hike or bike. Nice way to get a little nature fix outside of the city.

Saturday, May 21, 2016

I walked the Busse Woods Loop Trail during my recent trip to Chicago area. The trail was flat and fully asphalt paved so it is not much a hiking but an easy walking. I walked the loop in 2 hours. The woods was peaceful and the traffic was light on a late Friday afternoon. I enjoyed it.

Sunday, April 03, 2016

Parking can be an issue especially the parking lot close the elf enclosure. Always fun to hike a bit and see the elk, but fall is really the best time to visit.

Wednesday, September 17, 2014

I'm from Phoenix Arizona and assigned to a project in the greater Chicago area for 6 months. After running on the treadmill at my hotel for a couple of weeks i heard about this trail system. When I first heard about a wooded erea to run in I was worried about general safty. When i got there I was pleasantly surprised. I arrived at about 5:00PM and the trails were busy will bikers, runners, roller bladers and walkers. The trails are wide and paved. There was plenty of room for the people on the trail. The woods are beautiful, you forget the are in the middle of a large city. I found the trails well marked and easy to navigate. I will definatly make use of this trail system over the next few months.

Monday, May 19, 2014