Busse Woods Loop Trail

Busse Woods Loop Trail is a 7.3 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Elk Grove Village, Illinois that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

scenic driving

Easy paved pathway with very little shade and heavily trafficked. There are plenty of parking areas and restrooms along the path and on the upside you can get a close look at few captive elk, which is nice.

rails trails

I ride a mountain bike but there are no trails for mountain biking. I thoroughly enjoy riding the trails here but the first time I did I had ridden about 10 miles to get there and almost rode the loop a full 2nd time because I missed my turn off to head back the 10 miles.

love to walk my dog here. We walk a couple of miles several times a week and she enjoys walking along the lakes best so she sniff out small critters (she is a terrier). We usually don't need to hit the same areas for over a week since there are so many parking lots, trails and open areas for her to explore.

It would be better if there are more benches on the route and if the public toilets would not be opened only between April and October

neighborhood jewel. been coming here ever since i was a kid.